I Work In Dumbsville - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I Work In Dumbsville

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Work In Dumbsville

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:28 pm

Or, more appropriately, I work in Hagerstown... they're synonymous:

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) The city of Hagerstown corrected a municipal spelling error Thursday, 20 years after committing it.
A sign directing drivers to "Municpal Stadium" was replaced with one displaying the proper spelling, said Erik Kline, city traffic control supervisor.

The sign was erected in the mid- to late 1980s, but the error went uncorrected until The (Hagerstown) Herald-Mail brought it to City Hall's attention this week, prompted by a reader's complaint.

Kline said the longtime tolerance for the misspelled sign shouldn't reflect poorly on the western Maryland city of 38,000.

"I think it was a mistake that was made. I don't know that it necessarily makes us look bad," Kline said.

"Municpal" Stadium is home of the single A Hagerstown Suns... I always try to go on Thirsty Thursday for dollar beer nights, but the stadium sucks. In any case, this was posted on the Light Side and I just had to bring it over considering I'm typing this from Hagerstown.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I Work In Dumbsville

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:45 pm

Coppermine wrote:Or, more appropriately, I work in Hagerstown... they're synonymous:

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) The city of Hagerstown corrected a municipal spelling error Thursday, 20 years after committing it.
A sign directing drivers to "Municpal Stadium" was replaced with one displaying the proper spelling, said Erik Kline, city traffic control supervisor.

The sign was erected in the mid- to late 1980s, but the error went uncorrected until The (Hagerstown) Herald-Mail brought it to City Hall's attention this week, prompted by a reader's complaint.

Kline said the longtime tolerance for the misspelled sign shouldn't reflect poorly on the western Maryland city of 38,000.

"I think it was a mistake that was made. I don't know that it necessarily makes us look bad," Kline said.

"Municpal" Stadium is home of the single A Hagerstown Suns... I always try to go on Thirsty Thursday for dollar beer nights, but the stadium sucks. In any case, this was posted on the Light Side and I just had to bring it over considering I'm typing this from Hagerstown.

hahah thats funy reely funy ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:01 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Or, more appropriately, I work in Hagerstown... they're synonymous:

I took the liberty of updating the Wikipedia entry for Hagerstown, MD. An honor like this shouldn't go unnoticed.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:14 pm

And you didn't notice the mistake sooner? :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:28 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

I took the liberty of updating the Wikipedia entry for Hagerstown, MD. An honor like this shouldn't go unnoticed.

Link
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:36 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagerstown ... r_Spellers
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:11 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagerstown%2C_Maryland

Fixed it ;-D

For some reason the original link left out the Poor Spellers entry.

And Madison, I'm guessing I didn't notice because I already know where Municipal Stadium is... but still, that's not excuse, i should have been all over this and making fun of them years ago.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:15 pm

Coppermine wrote:And Madison, I'm guessing I didn't notice because I already know where Municipal Stadium is... but still, that's not excuse, i should have been all over this and making fun of them years ago.

So you're just as guilty as them. :-b

HA! :-B

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:20 pm

Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:And Madison, I'm guessing I didn't notice because I already know where Municipal Stadium is... but still, that's not excuse, i should have been all over this and making fun of them years ago.

So you're just as guilty as them. :-b

HA! :-B

:-b

Yeah, yet I don't work for the city of Hagerstown... I don't really live there either, I just work there. So I'd argue that I'm at least less guilty than residents and city officials. :-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:27 pm

Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagerstown%2C_Maryland

Fixed it ;-D

For some reason the original link left out the Poor Spellers entry.

It works on mine. :-?
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk