Forget ARod, we got NOMAR!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Boston Red Sox

Forget ARod, we got NOMAR!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Forget ARod, we got NOMAR!!

Postby Fender11114 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:57 pm

i know all the probs with manny, but what sense does it make to dump one huge contract just to pick up another one, not to mention that its for a position in which we already have an allstar and likely future hall of famer??i dont care what manny does or says as long as he hits over .300 and drives in over 100 runs. NOMAH is boston man, forget ARod. getting him would make me feel like the yankees.

GO SOX!!
Fender11114

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

ARod

Postby Donnyshortpants » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:46 am

ARod is the type of player that could carry the Sox for the next ten years. Manny is the type of player that could destroy the Sox in one year. The kinds of stats that ARod might put up at Fenway might make Bonds look puny. I say get ARod,the upside is potentially staggering.
Donnyshortpants

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: Forget ARod, we got NOMAR!!

Postby mikcou » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:17 am

Fender11114 wrote:i know all the probs with manny, but what sense does it make to dump one huge contract just to pick up another one, not to mention that its for a position in which we already have an allstar and likely future hall of famer??i dont care what manny does or says as long as he hits over .300 and drives in over 100 runs. NOMAH is boston man, forget ARod. getting him would make me feel like the yankees.

GO SOX!!

why not have a bad contract with the best player in baseball instead of a headache...
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby L0rdB23 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:41 pm

mikcou wrote:
Fender11114 wrote:i know all the probs with manny, but what sense does it make to dump one huge contract just to pick up another one, not to mention that its for a position in which we already have an allstar and likely future hall of famer??i dont care what manny does or says as long as he hits over .300 and drives in over 100 runs. NOMAH is boston man, forget ARod. getting him would make me feel like the yankees.

GO SOX!!

why not have a bad contract with the best player in baseball instead of a headache...

or a bad contract with the best player in baseball and magglio whos contract is equal to what nomar will probably demand and hes far superior to manny defensively
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikcou » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:08 pm

L0rdB23 wrote:
mikcou wrote:

GO SOX!!

or a bad contract with the best player in baseball and magglio whos contract is equal to what nomar will probably demand and hes far superior to manny defensively

thats what I was saying
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:47 am

Talent-wise, I'm not worried about Nomar. I am worried about his psyche and whether he will want to resign with the team after this year.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Return to Boston Red Sox