Do any leagues let you place FAs on waivers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Do any leagues let you place FAs on waivers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do any leagues let you place FAs on waivers?

Postby davenone » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:36 pm

I am trying to place all of the free agents in a league on waivers, but either I am not seeing how to do it or most leagues don't allow this. I have been in leagues where the waiver process takes place once a week, e.g., all players waived during the week will be assigned to the bidding teams on a certain day of the week. However, I cannot seem to make it so you may only pick up free agents this way as well.

If anyone knows a fantasy baseball website that will treat all free agents as if they were on waivers, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know. Or if anyone can think of another solution I would also appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave
davenone
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BGbootha » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:46 pm

This is how our football league works on Sportsline....but I have not done something like this in the baseball world.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chadlincoln » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:34 pm

CBS you can make moves on one day only based off of waiver priority or bidding.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Re: Do any leagues let you place FAs on waivers?

Postby Trojan Pony » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm

davenone wrote:I am trying to place all of the free agents in a league on waivers, but either I am not seeing how to do it or most leagues don't allow this. I have been in leagues where the waiver process takes place once a week, e.g., all players waived during the week will be assigned to the bidding teams on a certain day of the week. However, I cannot seem to make it so you may only pick up free agents this way as well.

If anyone knows a fantasy baseball website that will treat all free agents as if they were on waivers, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know. Or if anyone can think of another solution I would also appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave

As far as I know, most services give you the option of putting all undrafted players on waivers for a certain number of days following the conclusion of the draft. Aside from that, I don't think there's another time you can do it, at least not on any site I've used.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner