Newt didn't hate bill, he idolized him... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Newt didn't hate bill, he idolized him...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:50 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I think, or at least hope, that we might as well let them screw up when it comes to meaningless crap like affairs and sex scandals.

On the other hand, I'll say I'm very concerned when a political leader screws up and it involves wars and the lives of Americans.

Exactly. I don't care who they screw in private, I'm concerned about who they screw in public.

Honestly I don't care that Clinton had an affair. The issue I had was that he lied about it, under oath. Doesn't matter to me how big the lie was, he still lied.

And I have to laugh at how the war is all on Bush. The intelligence was there. The whole friggin world thought there were WMD. I'm not convinced they didn't get moved to Syria or Iran or something anyway. But it's not like Bush pushed a button and it was on. Congress supported it. So if you're going to heap blame on W, at least put some blame with everyone else that okayed the war in the first place.

And I'm not just a Bush defender. I do like the guy, but I don't think he's a very good president.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:54 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I think, or at least hope, that we might as well let them screw up when it comes to meaningless crap like affairs and sex scandals.

On the other hand, I'll say I'm very concerned when a political leader screws up and it involves wars and the lives of Americans.

Exactly. I don't care who they screw in private, I'm concerned about who they screw in public.

Honestly I don't care that Clinton had an affair. The issue I had was that he lied about it, under oath. Doesn't matter to me how big the lie was, he still lied.

And I have to laugh at how the war is all on Bush. The intelligence was there. The whole friggin world thought there were WMD. I'm not convinced they didn't get moved to Syria or Iran or something anyway. But it's not like Bush pushed a button and it was on. Congress supported it. So if you're going to heap blame on W, at least put some blame with everyone else that okayed the war in the first place.

And I'm not just a Bush defender. I do like the guy, but I don't think he's a very good president.

I realize that this wasn't necessarily directed at me in particular, but I just wanted to point out that, as I said earlier, I agree with you about Clinton lying under oath.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:25 pm

Sorry about that Art, it was mostly in response to Cu's post. :-)

Wasn't my intention at all to look like it was directed at you. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:27 pm

Anyone else think that Newt hurts Newt by being named newt
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:31 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

And whether or not the video is on the Internet :-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:33 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

Nice ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BGbootha » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:53 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

Nice ;-D

that is one video I do not need to see
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:55 pm

Lol. Well there's one thing we can definitely agree on. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:34 pm

BGbootha wrote:Exactly, its the hipocrasy of the thing that I love. It was Newt who was leading the fight against Clinton for humpin, and now we find out that Newt was humpin as well.

But Newt never lied under oath. That's where Clinton really errored in Newt's mind. Newt and Clinton may both be cheaters, but only one of them became a criminal in the process.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:56 pm

davidmarver wrote:
BGbootha wrote:Exactly, its the hipocrasy of the thing that I love. It was Newt who was leading the fight against Clinton for humpin, and now we find out that Newt was humpin as well.

But Newt never lied under oath. That's where Clinton really errored in Newt's mind. Newt and Clinton may both be cheaters, but only one of them became a criminal in the process.

Yeah, but Newt really pushed the "moral crusader" end of it A LOT. To say that Newt only went after clinton because he lied under oath is a bit of an under statement. That's just all he had to get him impeached.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk