Wow, Rosenthal .... ... lots of juicy tid-bits - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wow, Rosenthal .... ... lots of juicy tid-bits

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mtarail » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:13 pm

IMO that throw from 3rd to 1st is about 15 feat too far for Walker.

As for Feliz--well, I'm a giants fan too--I like Feliz but I don't think he's a goos option as an everyday 1b (or any other position). If the Giants don't need the $ to wave in front of Vlad then they should raid the Twins again and get Mientke.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swingaway » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:20 am

come on stros get rid of hildago and get some starting pitcher from the ms or just get prospects froma nother team. Then go after soon to be free agent greg maddux.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bell » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:30 am

I had completely forgotten about the M's wanting to get rid of Garcia. I haven't been reading anything about him this off-season. I wonder if his name's gonna be thrown around at the winter meetings.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:46 am

bell wrote:I had completely forgotten about the M's wanting to get rid of Garcia. I haven't been reading anything about him this off-season. I wonder if his name's gonna be thrown around at the winter meetings.

I'm sure it will be. If I remember right, he's got a fairly large contract that might be hard to move. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:49 am

Madison wrote:
bell wrote:I had completely forgotten about the M's wanting to get rid of Garcia. I haven't been reading anything about him this off-season. I wonder if his name's gonna be thrown around at the winter meetings.

I'm sure it will be. If I remember right, he's got a fairly large contract that might be hard to move. :-?

He is a abitration elig and made 7 mill last season I believe ... KT has shown interest in signing him, but I done like his work ethic. He just seems lazy. IMO
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:08 am

Add Devil Rays 1B Aubrey Huff to the Dodgers' wish list. L.A. might be willing to offer either of its pitching phenoms, RHP Edwin Jackson or LHP Greg Miller, but the Rays could be reluctant to part with Huff, who is three years from becoming a free agent. . . .

The Braves tried to sell the Orioles on a Javy Lopez-for-Melvin Mora trade last spring, before Lopez turned into a 43-homer behemoth. Now Lopez is one of the Orioles' primary free-agent targets, and Mora could be their everyday third baseman. . . .

Why is Yankees owner George Steinbrenner hot to sign CF Kenny Lofton and make Bernie Williams a DH? One scout says the two are practically even in center, noting that Lofton sometimes takes poor angles. Lofton, though, would be a needed leadoff hitter. . . .

Free agent Rich Aurilia wants to remain a shortstop, but teams are gauging his willingness to play second or third base. The Red Sox will consider him at second if they fail to sign free agent Tony Graffanino, and the Indians and Dodgers have asked about him playing third. Aurilia also has options at short. . . . :-?

Free-agent 2B Fernando Vina made sense for the Cubs because of his lefthanded bat, but Mark Grudzielanek had a .366 on-base percentage last season, a mark that Vina has exceeded only once since 1998. Grudzielanek batted .359 in September. . . .

One G.M. laughs at the idea of the Mets trading OF Roger Cedeno to the Padres for OF Terrence Long. "Cedeno can't do anything," the G.M. says. "Long isn't a bad player; he's just overpaid." Cedeno is owed $10 million through 2005, Long $8.1 million. The Padres also wanted the Mets to take RHP Kevin Jarvis at $4.25 million. No go.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:10 am

Free agent Rich Aurilia wants to remain a shortstop, but teams are gauging his willingness to play second or third base. The Red Sox will consider him at second if they fail to sign free agent Tony Graffanino, and the Indians and Dodgers have asked about him playing third. Aurilia also has options at short. . . .

that is the second rumor affecting Adrian today ... HMMM :-?

signs, signs ... everywhere are signs. take up the sceanery, .. .. .. wasting our time ???
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bell » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:14 am

wrveres wrote:Add Devil Rays 1B Aubrey Huff to the Dodgers' wish list. L.A. might be willing to offer either of its pitching phenoms, RHP Edwin Jackson or LHP Greg Miller, but the Rays could be reluctant to part with Huff, who is three years from becoming a free agent. . . .

I thought Mr. Jackson was Mr. Untouchable. I would hope the Devil Rays wouldn't make the mistake of getting rid of Huff.

The Dodgers should just swallow their pride and trade Beltre already.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:20 am

bell wrote:
wrveres wrote:Add Devil Rays 1B Aubrey Huff to the Dodgers' wish list. L.A. might be willing to offer either of its pitching phenoms, RHP Edwin Jackson or LHP Greg Miller, but the Rays could be reluctant to part with Huff, who is three years from becoming a free agent. . . .

I thought Mr. Jackson was Mr. Untouchable. I would hope the Devil Rays wouldn't make the mistake of getting rid of Huff.

The Dodgers should just swallow their pride and trade Beltre already.

I can't see Huff coming to LA. But stranger things have happened ... and you are right, I thought Edwin was 'untouchable' ?? :-?

I wonder where Beltre is going to end up ... ? After three years of .. 'This is the year' ..if he gets out of Chavez ... it may finally be the year ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bell » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:42 am

wrveres wrote:I wonder where Beltre is going to end up ... ? After three years of .. 'This is the year' ..if he gets out of Chavez ... it may finally be the year ...

All I know is I've thought about the whole "who's Beltre finally going to be traded to?" for too many years now. Frankly, it gives me a headache.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers