Advice and rules for new Keeper League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Advice and rules for new Keeper League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Advice and rules for new Keeper League

Postby moralpw » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:43 am

Okay so we are going to try to start a new keeper league. We are in a 10 team mixed 5X5 league and will be holding a draft next week. We are trying to figure out the rules for the league before we start so rules are not made up as we go.

We will be using contract years. Each team will be given 12 contract years to divide up amoung their keepers, obviously this will happen in year 2 of the league.

What is the best rule for the # of keepers or years a team should keep? We started a keeper league a few years ago but two teams screwed it up and everyone else got upset because during the second year they didn't keep anyone under contract. They then had a strategic advantage of selecting players of their choose the first 4-6 rounds.

We also use the rule that if you keep 5 players the earliest you will draft is the 6th round.

Can anyone give me advice as to how many years out of the 12 or how many minimum players a team should have to keep. We where thinkink of requiring every team to keep a minimum of 6 years, half of their contract years, but sometimes started to think of keeping one guy like Pujols for 6 years only and then have the 2nd round free in choose whomever they wanted.

Also where can we get some more info on keeper league rules.

Thank you
moralpw
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homer_Jay » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:15 am

I am in the exact same league you are describing. I am always ticked that someone chooses to keep three (this year its Pujols, Miggy & D. Wright). Then they get 2 picks b/f I get one. My keepers are Sizemore, Mauer, Papi, Abreu, & Oswalt. I'm happy with them, but obviously this guys has three prime keepers. I think people should be required to keep five players, and we are not. Maybe requiring a minimum keepers is the answer.
Go Cardinals
Homer_Jay
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner