5x5 H2H 12 man league Please Rate - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

5x5 H2H 12 man league Please Rate

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

5x5 H2H 12 man league Please Rate

Postby Lil Shanka » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:29 am

Check out this team, 5X5 12 team Yahoo league head to head

C-Ramon Hernandez, 1B-Gary Sheffield, 2B-Howie Kendrick, 3B-A-Ram, SS-Miguel Tejada, OF-Vlad Guerrero, Carl Crawford, Barry Bonds, Util-Jim Thome, Bench-Morgan Ensberg, Gary Matthews, Ian Kinsler, Kenny Lofton, Conor Jackson, Adrian Gonzalez (who I got in the 21 round).
SP-Bonderman, Haren, Schilling, Kelvim Escobar
RP-Wagner, Brian Fuentes.

Ok, obviously, I need pitching. But it seems like pitching really got overvalued this year. Everyone went in the top 100 it seamed like. I got my pitchers at great values, and tried to focus on the power categories. I don't feel like I overpayed for any of my guys, but as a result of their value-orientedness and lack of sexiness, I am afraid I won't be able to offer much as trade bait to get the pitching I need. Who can I give up to get some pitching with upside? At this point, I am poised to win every offensive category except maybe stolen bases, but my most intriguing arm seems to be Curt Schilling. The others will do about what people expect. At this point, I am stacked at 1B, so some of these backups need to go. Nobody seems interested in Gonzo or Jackson though, as I got them in the last two rounds!
Lil Shanka
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lil Shanka » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:38 pm

I was just offered Matt Cain for Jim Thome. Would this be good?
Lil Shanka
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby itodd » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:55 pm

if you like Cain, that deal is good, you have more than enough people that will hopefully hit HRs that you can let Thome go.
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dmville » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:04 am

Not bad, but ya need some pitching. That could be a good deal, but Cain is likely to backup a bit as there is for sure a book out on him in year 2. Nothing wrong w that deal if you like it.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team