Josh Hamilton (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Josh Hamilton (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Josh Hamilton (Merged)

Postby ironman » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:02 am

I realize it's early in ST, but the guy obviously didn't forget how to hit. In 19 AB he's hitting .474 with 1 HR, 3 RBI, and 2 Doubles. He has 3 BB to 2 K. Is anyone else keeping an eye on his progress, if not for fantasy, for curiosity if he can make a comeback?
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:09 am

Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8512
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jacopo2155 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:49 am

as a reds fan, yes definitely. narron loves his bat obviously, and loves him in the field. but nobody knows if he'll be able to do this again when it gets to the regular season.
Ezekiel 25:17
jacopo2155
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 223
Joined: 23 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cincy

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:04 am

jacopo2155 wrote:as a reds fan, yes definitely. narron loves his bat obviously, and loves him in the field. but nobody knows if he'll be able to do this again when it gets to the regular season.


I know this. Hamilton can play LF,CF,RF better than anybody on the team. He has by far the strongest arm in the OF and is up there in speed. So, I think he's perfect for the 4th OF. I think Freel should still start in RF while Hamilton is getting his bearing but Freel is an injury risk, 33/34 years of age, and pending FA. My hopes are that Hamilton takes the job over mid-season and the club trades Freel or uses him as a super-utility.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8512
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:34 am

The only problem I see is that the Reds are loaded with back up OF.
Conine and Crosby are pretty much guaranteed a spot and they also have Denorfia, who should make the team too.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 5385
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:08 pm

I am. I have been watching him since he came back. This guy is driven and more talented than Young, Dukes, Upton etc the Rays had IMO and i hate that we let him go. I am also a Reds fan so i am not as disappointed on where he went, but i wish he would have stayed a Ray. He has a cannon and not only hits bombs, but hits line shots
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby godallahstar » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:15 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I am. I have been watching him since he came back. This guy is driven and more talented than Young, Dukes, Upton etc the Rays had IMO and i hate that we let him go. I am also a Reds fan so i am not as disappointed on where he went, but i wish he would have stayed a Ray. He has a cannon and not only hits bombs, but hits line shots


i'd rather have delmon, personally.

but do you think maybe the change of scenery is helping him,
and playing a piece in whatever it is that's happening?

i'm glad he's gone,
just because of where he is now and what's happening.
i really hope he can keep it up.
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 588
Joined: 9 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: minneapolis

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:17 pm

godallahstar wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I am. I have been watching him since he came back. This guy is driven and more talented than Young, Dukes, Upton etc the Rays had IMO and i hate that we let him go. I am also a Reds fan so i am not as disappointed on where he went, but i wish he would have stayed a Ray. He has a cannon and not only hits bombs, but hits line shots


i'd rather have delmon, personally.

but do you think maybe the change of scenery is helping him,
and playing a piece in whatever it is that's happening?

i'm glad he's gone,
just because of where he is now and what's happening.
i really hope he can keep it up.


I think DY and Josh are close and for the reason that Hamilton has so many Problems i take DY, but man i have seen both guys up close and a lot of them. Josh is soo talented it is unbelievable.

DY has a canon, but Hamiltons is stronger and i have seen Josh front foot a ball 400 ft multiple times
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:18 pm

Hamilton--super, super talented, played high school ball in Raleigh NC
Narron--pretty good coach and raised just a few miles from Raleigh so he got to see Hamilton quite a bit in school.

Looks like a perfect fit to me to be Griffey and Freel's backup.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:41 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:Hamilton--super, super talented, played high school ball in Raleigh NC
Narron--pretty good coach and raised just a few miles from Raleigh so he got to see Hamilton quite a bit in school.

Looks like a perfect fit to me to be Griffey and Freel's backup.


If they were smart they would put freel somewhere else and play Josh
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact