Captain America is Dead!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Captain America is Dead!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jlm53089 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:51 am

he is faking it
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:07 pm

Coppermine wrote:People still read comic books :-? :-b


i picked up the Stephen King's Dark Tower comic ;-D
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:14 pm

Way to support the troops Captain :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:03 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:People still read comic books :-? :-b


i picked up the Stephen King's Dark Tower comic ;-D


I didn't even know they had that; I haven't made it past Wolves of the Calla yet, so don't tell me what happens.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby Tavish » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:42 pm

The Cap'n was proof that steroids aren't the big evil people try and make them out to be.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11066
(Past Year: 70)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:02 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:People still read comic books :-? :-b


i picked up the Stephen King's Dark Tower comic ;-D


I didn't even know they had that; I haven't made it past Wolves of the Calla yet, so don't tell me what happens.


Oy turns out to be the Crimson King in disguise ;-7

but yeah, there's like a 7 issue comic arc that retells Rolands younger years with some new info and some old. issue 2 just came out but i havent got it yet

you better get crackin on those remianing books, although they final 2 arent quite as good as the others
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:People still read comic books :-? :-b


i picked up the Stephen King's Dark Tower comic ;-D


I didn't even know they had that; I haven't made it past Wolves of the Calla yet, so don't tell me what happens.


Oy turns out to be the Crimson King in disguise ;-7

but yeah, there's like a 7 issue comic arc that retells Rolands younger years with some new info and some old. issue 2 just came out but i havent got it yet

you better get crackin on those remianing books, although they final 2 arent quite as good as the others


Wolves, compared to the previous books, was a little disappointing to me... I think because it started answering questions and adding characters. Plus it had a different feel, it wasn't nearly as cool as Blaine the suicidal monorail.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:15 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:People still read comic books :-? :-b


i picked up the Stephen King's Dark Tower comic ;-D


I didn't even know they had that; I haven't made it past Wolves of the Calla yet, so don't tell me what happens.


Oy turns out to be the Crimson King in disguise ;-7

but yeah, there's like a 7 issue comic arc that retells Rolands younger years with some new info and some old. issue 2 just came out but i havent got it yet

you better get crackin on those remianing books, although they final 2 arent quite as good as the others


Wolves, compared to the previous books, was a little disappointing to me... I think because it started answering questions and adding characters. Plus it had a different feel, it wasn't nearly as cool as Blaine the suicidal monorail.


i hear ya, especially at the time i was reading it i didnt care for it, but thinking back about the Father Calahan travels and whatnot that turned out to be a pretty cool part of the story...and Andy The Messenger Robot (Many Other Functions or whatever his name is

i think Book 2 and Book 4 are may favorite in some order, although 3 is pretty sweet too
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:20 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:People still read comic books :-? :-b


i picked up the Stephen King's Dark Tower comic ;-D


I didn't even know they had that; I haven't made it past Wolves of the Calla yet, so don't tell me what happens.


Oy turns out to be the Crimson King in disguise ;-7

but yeah, there's like a 7 issue comic arc that retells Rolands younger years with some new info and some old. issue 2 just came out but i havent got it yet

you better get crackin on those remianing books, although they final 2 arent quite as good as the others


Wolves, compared to the previous books, was a little disappointing to me... I think because it started answering questions and adding characters. Plus it had a different feel, it wasn't nearly as cool as Blaine the suicidal monorail.


i hear ya, especially at the time i was reading it i didnt care for it, but thinking back about the Father Calahan travels and whatnot that turned out to be a pretty cool part of the story...and Andy The Messenger Robot (Many Other Functions or whatever his name is

i think Book 2 and Book 4 are may favorite in some order, although 3 is pretty sweet too


I think 2 was my favorite where he goes back and forth through the doors and he gets bitten by that giant lobster. Man, that's cool stuff.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:23 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:People still read comic books :-? :-b


i picked up the Stephen King's Dark Tower comic ;-D


I didn't even know they had that; I haven't made it past Wolves of the Calla yet, so don't tell me what happens.


Oy turns out to be the Crimson King in disguise ;-7

but yeah, there's like a 7 issue comic arc that retells Rolands younger years with some new info and some old. issue 2 just came out but i havent got it yet

you better get crackin on those remianing books, although they final 2 arent quite as good as the others


Wolves, compared to the previous books, was a little disappointing to me... I think because it started answering questions and adding characters. Plus it had a different feel, it wasn't nearly as cool as Blaine the suicidal monorail.


i hear ya, especially at the time i was reading it i didnt care for it, but thinking back about the Father Calahan travels and whatnot that turned out to be a pretty cool part of the story...and Andy The Messenger Robot (Many Other Functions or whatever his name is

i think Book 2 and Book 4 are may favorite in some order, although 3 is pretty sweet too


I think 2 was my favorite where he goes back and forth through the doors and he gets bitten by that giant lobster. Man, that's cool stuff.


my dream is to eat one of those Lobsters
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SyncMeepMep and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Apr. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(12:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(12:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
San Diego at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact