(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:07 pm

Coppermine wrote:People still read comic books :-? :-b

i picked up the Stephen King's Dark Tower comic ;-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:14 pm

Way to support the troops Captain :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:03 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

I didn't even know they had that; I haven't made it past Wolves of the Calla yet, so don't tell me what happens.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:42 pm

The Cap'n was proof that steroids aren't the big evil people try and make them out to be.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:02 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

I didn't even know they had that; I haven't made it past Wolves of the Calla yet, so don't tell me what happens.

Oy turns out to be the Crimson King in disguise ;-7

but yeah, there's like a 7 issue comic arc that retells Rolands younger years with some new info and some old. issue 2 just came out but i havent got it yet

you better get crackin on those remianing books, although they final 2 arent quite as good as the others
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

but yeah, there's like a 7 issue comic arc that retells Rolands younger years with some new info and some old. issue 2 just came out but i havent got it yet

you better get crackin on those remianing books, although they final 2 arent quite as good as the others

Wolves, compared to the previous books, was a little disappointing to me... I think because it started answering questions and adding characters. Plus it had a different feel, it wasn't nearly as cool as Blaine the suicidal monorail.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:15 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Wolves, compared to the previous books, was a little disappointing to me... I think because it started answering questions and adding characters. Plus it had a different feel, it wasn't nearly as cool as Blaine the suicidal monorail.

i hear ya, especially at the time i was reading it i didnt care for it, but thinking back about the Father Calahan travels and whatnot that turned out to be a pretty cool part of the story...and Andy The Messenger Robot (Many Other Functions or whatever his name is

i think Book 2 and Book 4 are may favorite in some order, although 3 is pretty sweet too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:20 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

i hear ya, especially at the time i was reading it i didnt care for it, but thinking back about the Father Calahan travels and whatnot that turned out to be a pretty cool part of the story...and Andy The Messenger Robot (Many Other Functions or whatever his name is

i think Book 2 and Book 4 are may favorite in some order, although 3 is pretty sweet too

I think 2 was my favorite where he goes back and forth through the doors and he gets bitten by that giant lobster. Man, that's cool stuff.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:23 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

I think 2 was my favorite where he goes back and forth through the doors and he gets bitten by that giant lobster. Man, that's cool stuff.

my dream is to eat one of those Lobsters
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk