Transaction Limits (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Transaction Limits (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Chadgo5 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:22 pm

Doesn't take much knowledge or strategy to pick up the hottest player. IMO, the draft should be the most important part of the season. Also, limiting transactions encourages trading, which gets everyone more involved.

Also, name me a team that makes 40 transactions with their major league roster during a season.
Chadgo5
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mak1277 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:33 pm

Chadgo5 wrote:Also, name me a team that makes 40 transactions with their major league roster during a season.

The very first team I looked at, Atlanta, had in excess of 40 transactions with their major league roster during the 2006 season.

The second team I looked at, Arizona, had 35 or so.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Chadgo5 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:00 pm

Those transactions are primarily shuttling guys back and forth from the minors or moving guys to and from the DL. They aren't picking up 40 free agents during the season. All the guys are within their system.... which is analagous to how we run our league. We draft 14 player farm teams.

To each their own. I just know I'll never be in a league that allows that many transactions again. For me, it wasn't fun at all.
Chadgo5
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mak1277 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:15 pm

Chadgo5 wrote:Those transactions are primarily shuttling guys back and forth from the minors or moving guys to and from the DL. They aren't picking up 40 free agents during the season. All the guys are within their system.... which is analagous to how we run our league. We draft 14 player farm teams.

To each their own. I just know I'll never be in a league that allows that many transactions again. For me, it wasn't fun at all.

So what happens if your fantasy team has 4 or 5 guys on the DL at the same time...you have to have the ability to pick players up to replace injuries...if you're limited to a small number of transactions during the year, basically the team that has the fewest injuries is going to be at a monumental advantage.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Chadgo5 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:54 am

That is a good point, but that is why we draft a minor league team of 14 players. Adding in our 3 FA pickups that is 17 players. Having 4 or 5 guys on the DL at the same time is going to be a problem no what kind of league you are in. Especially if those 4 or 5 guys are stars. You can't replace their production with FA or with anyone on a farm team.

The players on our farm teams can be any position. If someone drafts Prior and Harden, they better draft some decent SP for their farm team. That all plays into the strategy. And again, we have unlimited trading. If you are stuck, you can always try to work a deal. It encourages interaction and participation.
Chadgo5
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:08 am

40-50
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1146)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:29 pm

tmp
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner