Draft Commentary - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Leftovers League

Draft Commentary

Moderator: rotoquest

Postby TheRock » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:29 pm

CheeseBeger wrote:I don't really like the sound of starting over, just due to the fact that any information about future picks is valueable. Some one with an earlier pick could take advantage of that information (and steal my Pronk from me! 8-o )

That's a good point. I probably would steal Pronk. B-)

Well, if emb0lus were here, he'd be in. I must have picked a day when he's fishing with his kids or something. thomasps3 had a couple other ideas for a replacement, if we don't hear from either of these guys soon we'll start looking at other candidates.

Can't believe we've been stuck here this long. Sorry everybody. :-/ Trying to get us moving but want to be fair to all involved.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby emb0lus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:34 pm

i really should sign in more often and check my pm's. i'm here, let me look at the draft so far and pick 2nd rounder. i'll keep utley so we don't have to rewind the draft
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RugbyD » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:36 pm

emb0lus wrote:i really should sign in more often and check my pm's. i'm here, let me look at the draft so far and pick 2nd rounder. i'll keep utley so we don't have to rewind the draft

sign in on couchmanager too since a bunch of people have stuff queued up for after your spot picks. ;-D
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby oscar15 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:56 pm

emb0lus wrote:i really should sign in more often and check my pm's. i'm here, let me look at the draft so far and pick 2nd rounder. i'll keep utley so we don't have to rewind the draft

Welcome back EmbOlus! I'm looking forward to beating you this year!

We don't have to restart the draft...but if Embolus wants to trade Utley for another player taken after him, It should be aloud

I'm speaking hypothetically....of course. :-D
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 27)

Postby emb0lus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:11 pm

oscar15 wrote:

Welcome back EmbOlus! I'm looking forward to beating you this year!

We don't have to restart the draft...but if Embolus wants to trade Utley for another player taken after him, It should be aloud

I'm speaking hypothetically....of course. :-D

if you beat me, i will blame it on the fact i got STUCK with utley with the 7th pick since the first round MAKES or BREAKS your team ;-7
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRock » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:15 pm

Wow, just heard from johnsamo. He had an emergency and is in the hospital, hoping to get out by Monday. I learned my lesson last year with oscar that sometimes folks have good reasons to go missing. In fairness to emb0lus and in the interest of time, we need to keep moving. Sucks to have to do that.

We wish you well buddy.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

Postby emb0lus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:26 pm

wow, that sucks! I can't take his team away from him now, especially due to his obvious committment to the league by contacting TheRock to let him know he can't draft from his hospital bed!
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRock » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:43 pm

Mighty big of you ;-D

We'll talk about it next week when he's better. For now I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you continued on in his stead.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

Postby oscar15 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:44 am

TheRock wrote:Wow, just heard from johnsamo. He had an emergency and is in the hospital, hoping to get out by Monday. I learned my lesson last year with oscar that sometimes folks have good reasons to go missing. In fairness to emb0lus and in the interest of time, we need to keep moving. Sucks to have to do that.

We wish you well buddy.

I was afraid it was something like that. I enjoy the draft and look forward to it...but it is forever linked to the worst event in my life.

Fortunalty, I was able to get back to the cafe before the draft started last year.

johnsamo - my thoughts are with you.

Rock, you were being pushed hard by all of us to get this thing moving, we all share in the responsibility of moving on.

Right or wrong it is what we had to do.

I think embOlus should continue to draft as well.
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:24 am

whatever you think is best rock. whether we move on or not, im fine with it. as long as we get it finished before the season ;-D
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Leftovers League