Return to General Talk

Suit for Wrongful Birth?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:42 pm

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Anyways she can always give the kid up for adoption

Yep, and you get to foot the bill until such point and time as the government finds that kid a home, if they ever do. ;-D

Eh sounds fine to me people have sued for less

Cool. So we abolish abortion and you get 1.3 million (using BP's numbers) additional kids to raise each year on your tax dollars. ;-D

Oh, expect a tax increase to help cover that expense. ;-)

I agree with Madison btw. anyways ....
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:46 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:

Yep, and you get to foot the bill until such point and time as the government finds that kid a home, if they ever do. ;-D

Cool. So we abolish abortion and you get 1.3 million (using BP's numbers) additional kids to raise each year on your tax dollars. ;-D

I'd rather pay a little extra to save some lives.... :-?

i say we kill everyone over the age of 65 and save all that Social Security and Medicare money
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:51 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:

i say we kill everyone over the age of 65 and save all that Social Security and Medicare money

Or get rid of Social Security and social security taxes and expect people to save for their own retirement. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:54 pm

Madison wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:

Or get rid of Social Security and social security taxes and expect people to save for their own retirement. ;-D

I agree with that 100% I'm pissed I have to pay Social Security on each paycheck :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:54 pm

I don't mind Social Security per se. It's the negative return that pisses me off.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby slomo007 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:55 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:

I agree with that 100% I'm pissed I have to pay Social Security on each paycheck :-t

Don't worry, there will be plenty to go around when you retire. ;-7
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:58 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:

Now imagine having to force yourself to sit down and write a check for it every quarter. :-P

Could just take that money a sock it away for retirement (CD's, inventments, etc), but nooooooooo, we gotta pay it. :-P
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:14 pm

As far as the adoption goes, i was thinking that they may take that into account when shelling out damages. You have a duty to mitigate damages, so rather than give her money for the kid until its 18, which is what she wold be suing for, they may tell her she needs to try and mitigate the damages :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:18 pm

Madison wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:The main thing that gets me is just our general apathy towards abortion in general. You'd think in a country where 24/100 conceptions are aborted (~3500 per day and 1.3M per year), it would be more of an issue.

I also understand that many of these kids would have gone into homes where they're not wanted, but I'd much prefer them to be given up for adoption and have them go to families that very much want them.

I was going to type a big old long thing about this, but suffice it to say that there are not enough homes to care for that many kids each year.

I agree that not all of them would be adopted, but a portion certainly would. I think there are a ton of people who'd love to adopt an American baby if given the chance.

Madison wrote:The apathy isn't surprising at all. I hear about an abortion and I think of two stupid idiots that screwed up but fixed the problem, rather than burden the world with a child they don't care about or want. I'd rather hear about that, and rather see them get the abortion, instead of reading yet another article about a kid who was locked in the closet for 5 years with little food or water, and then having the government shell out the taxpayer money to raise that kid. How many of those 1.3 million each year would wind up in a situation similar to that? Half? That's a ton of taxpayer money wasted, when all it took was for the idiots to fix their mistake.

I think some kids would get put in bad situations, but many wouldn't. I'd also rather pay out some more tax dollars and see it go to raise kids than see them aborted. But in BP land, when everything from education to transportation to retirement is privately as opposed to publicly funded, we could all afford to pay a little more in taxes.

I also have a hard time accepting any life being a "mistake" whether planned or not.

Madison wrote:Also, if you want abortions to stop completely, then I'd suggest teaching responsible sex to the country first, but good luck with that, as it's going the exact opposite route.

I absolutely agree. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:28 am

how screwed up is this kid gonna be when she founds out that her mother tried to kill her and then when it didnt work sued the people who tried to kill her for failing?
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 454)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk