Suit for Wrongful Birth? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Suit for Wrongful Birth?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I hope this child sues her mother for her mistake.... :-[ :,-(

Yeah, can the kid sue for attempted murder?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I hope this child sues her mother for her mistake.... :-[ :,-(

that would be an interesting case :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:10 pm

StlSluggers wrote:

That immediately came to mind, but i don't think so, b/c the fetus at that point is not considered a person that can be killed in the eyes of the law
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:12 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

That immediately came to mind, but i don't think so, b/c the fetus at that point is not considered a person that can be killed in the eyes of the law

I'm sure you're right, but if that state allows for prosecution of double homicide in the case of a murdered pregnant woman, there would certainly be some lively debate.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:20 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

The fetus is, in fact, considered a person that can be murdered in every single instance except for abortion. One huge, convenient, and terrible double standard IMHO.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:26 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

The fetus is, in fact, considered a person that can be murdered in every single instance except for abortion. One huge, convenient, and terrible double standard IMHO.

So where's the line? Does every single male sperm cell have to go toward trying to procreate, or else that's murder too?

Everyone has their own opinion as to where the line is.

EDIT: Or how about females? Every month an egg goes wasted. Is a woman a murderer if she doesn't try to procreate each month?

Just a matter of where the line is for people. Most have different opinions. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby knapplc » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Madison wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

So where's the line? Does every single male sperm cell have to go toward trying to procreate, or else that's murder too?

True, but what BP is pointing out is that some governments are saying one thing in one instance and another thing in others. It's an ugly situation. I hate the whole abortion debate. :-P :-t
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Madison wrote:So where's the line? Does every single male sperm cell have to go toward trying to procreate, or else that's murder too?

EDIT: Or how about females? Every month an egg goes wasted. Is a woman a murderer if she doesn't try to procreate each month?

Now let's not get this topic into dangerous waters. I think we could all agree that you're not killing life until at least the two parts necessary to create life have joined together.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:32 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

Its isn't in the first tri mester, thats how they get around it. I know thats the case here in FL. Every state is different
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:03 pm

knapplc wrote:
Madison wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

True, but what BP is pointing out is that some governments are saying one thing in one instance and another thing in others. It's an ugly situation. I hate the whole abortion debate. :-P :-t

True, but the way the law bends is to put the idiots away. Yes, when it comes to murder, it's double murder. Nowadays murdering one person isn't enough to get proper punishment. :-t

And allowing abortion is simply to prevent some of the unwanted kids from being born into a family or to a person who doesn't want them. I'd much rather see a kid that is unwanted or unloved to be aborted rather than brought into a household that doesn't care.

StlSluggers wrote:Now let's not get this topic into dangerous waters.

Oh I'm being careful. My opinion isn't popular in the least, which is why I haven't given it in this discussion. It's out there in past threads if anyone wants to search, but at the moment it's best to keep this discussion as friendly as possible. :-)

I'm simply pointing out that people have different opinions as to where the lines are. There are religions that believe any wasted male sperm cells is murder, and others believe that a fetus isn't living until after birth. Most people believe somewhere inbetween those two things, but the exact lines as to the whole thing are different for most people. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk