Why I'm not a doctor - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Why I'm not a doctor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:46 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Madison wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote: If I was going to spend that much money on a post-graduate program I'd go to law school.

I gave serious thought to being a lawyer, but what really kept me away was the amount of schooling required. I didn't want to spend one minute in school if I didn't have to. :-b

Law school is seriously a drunken haze to me.

I remember buck a shot night at City Pub. I remember the Broomball Championship at McGill Stadium in sub 40 temp. I remember ultimate frizbee in Jean Mance Park in the summer.

There is one other clear memory that I have. It's of this very short janitor in the school. He was probably about 4 foot 6 and had a crooked leg that gave him a very pronounced limp. He basically had to drag that leg behind him. He was a very friendly elderly Italian man who had such a thick accent that you couldn't understand him. Anyways the men's room had a locker room in front of it where some guys would hang out to chew the fat or change or have a smoke. From the entrance to the locker room to the urinal was maybe a good 30 feet. One day this old Italian janitor walks in and unzips in the entrance to the locker room and pulls it out right there. It was huge and hung down all the way to his knee. He then limps the 30 feet to the urinal with it swinging back and forth like some huge pendulum with a big grin on his face. We came to the realization that his accent wasn't really that thick but it was the onset of senility that made him incomprehensible. At buck a shot night we would always raise a toast to the Tripod.

I remember that. But that's about it.

Funny story! :-b

Had I become a lawyer, I'd probably be famous. Well, does infamous count? :-b

I'd be the first one screaming and yelling about all the stupid lawsuits out there, the dumb judges and juries that award money in those dumb lawsuits, etc. So "infamous" is probably more fitting. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:07 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Madison wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote: If I was going to spend that much money on a post-graduate program I'd go to law school.

I gave serious thought to being a lawyer, but what really kept me away was the amount of schooling required. I didn't want to spend one minute in school if I didn't have to. :-b

Law school is seriously a drunken haze to me.

I remember buck a shot night at City Pub. I remember the Broomball Championship at McGill Stadium in sub 40 temp. I remember ultimate frizbee in Jean Mance Park in the summer.

There is one other clear memory that I have. It's of this very short janitor in the school. He was probably about 4 foot 6 and had a crooked leg that gave him a very pronounced limp. He basically had to drag that leg behind him. He was a very friendly elderly Italian man who had such a thick accent that you couldn't understand him. Anyways the men's room had a locker room in front of it where some guys would hang out to chew the fat or change or have a smoke. From the entrance to the locker room to the urinal was maybe a good 30 feet. One day this old Italian janitor walks in and unzips in the entrance to the locker room and pulls it out right there. It was huge and hung down all the way to his knee. He then limps the 30 feet to the urinal with it swinging back and forth like some huge pendulum with a big grin on his face. We came to the realization that his accent wasn't really that thick but it was the onset of senility that made him incomprehensible. At buck a shot night we would always raise a toast to the Tripod.

I remember that. But that's about it.

You should frame that story on the wall right next to your degree. :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:48 pm

This is a very interesting post
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to General Talk