Please take a look at my team - dynasty league - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please take a look at my team - dynasty league - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please take a look at my team - dynasty league - WHIR

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:35 pm

I understand that my team may not be the best this year but consider that it's a dynasty league and I will have all these guys for years to come.

12 teams, H2H, 5x5

C - Ronny Paulino
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Robinson Cano
3B - Edwin Encarnacion
SS - Hanley Ramirez
OF - Alex Rios
OF - Michael Cuddyer
OF - Carlos Quentin
UTIL - Nomar Garciaparra

SP - Chris Carpenter
SP - Scott Kazmir
RP - Francisco Rodriguez
RP - Chad Cordero
P - Jonathan Papelbon
P - Ervin Santana
P - Octavio Dotel
P - Ricky Nolasco
P - Seth McClung

BN - Frank Thomas
BN - Josh Willingham
BN - Ryan Shealy
BN - Kevin Kouzmanoff
BN - Zach Duke
BN - Pedro Martinez
BN - Roger Clemens

Minors:
1 - Justin Upton
2 - Andy LaRoche
3 - Jason Hirsh
4 -
5 -
Last edited by teddy ballgame on Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lsquad » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:59 pm

yeah, this team won't get the job done this year. and as such, I'd suggest that you get a little consistancy and deal some older players that won't help you in the future. you can get some value from guys like Nomar and Hurt, and maybe pedro or clemens. deal for youth, and hopefully you'll dominate for years to come

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=255561
Lsquad
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:49 pm

Anyone else?
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby powenM » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:24 pm

Lsquad wrote:yeah, this team won't get the job done this year. and as such, I'd suggest that you get a little consistancy and deal some older players that won't help you in the future. you can get some value from guys like Nomar and Hurt, and maybe pedro or clemens. deal for youth, and hopefully you'll dominate for years to come

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=255561

I totally agree. thou u have some nice pieces for the future.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby schmidty » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:31 pm

Lsquad wrote:yeah, this team won't get the job done this year. and as such, I'd suggest that you get a little consistancy and deal some older players that won't help you in the future. you can get some value from guys like Nomar and Hurt, and maybe pedro or clemens. deal for youth, and hopefully you'll dominate for years to come

I completely agree with this. Since you don't seem to be that strong this year, having old/decling guys on the team doesn't make sense. Wait for them to get on a hot streak, work a trade, and look to the future. Though if Clemens doesn't show signs of coming back later and a good prospect pops up, I wouldn't hesitate to make a roster move.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:34 pm

I figured having a couple older guys could give me a shot to stay in contention. If you get into the playoffs (which is only 6th out of 12th) anything can happen in the playoffs, and guys like Pedro and Clemens could be a great thing to have going into a playoff run.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:40 pm

i disagree 100% with the previous posts... for a first year dynasty team, BUILT FOR THE LONG HAUL that team could end up with a top 6 or 7 spot EASILY....heck Pujols the best, cano a top 2 or 3 2B, hanley EASILY a top 5 SS if not top 3, Rios will have a BIG year finally healthy add 150 more ABs (what almost all starters averaged) and he could be somewhere in the neighborhood of 100+ runs, 30-35 homers+, 110+ RBI with a .310 ave.)...quentin should give you a boost in some games, but will be REAL good for years to come...nomar will give you some versitality, and Paulino got great expierence last year to help him for this year...bats on the bench look real nice too, the big hurt will give you a good year or 2, willingham will be a power monster for a long time as will shealy...then the last 2 hitters i absolutley love on this roster that everyone is not even thining about...EdwinEncar and Kouzmanoff...Encar is going to be a MONSTER this year with a full time job and Kouzmanoff had great ABs last year and is the util man until he can prove to be an every dayer which won't be long...then the pitching...Carpenter-top 3...Kazmir when healthy top10-15...Santana will be decent this year as he gets more experience...all 3 will have great years to come...then the RP are a VERY VERY nice combo...F-Rod, Cordero will get you monster saves and the combo of dotel, nolasco and mcclung will have a very nice mess of stats to add to your team...the minors look REAL good, with those players if not coming up for the start of the year, they will be by the end...only thing i don't like about this team are 3 players cuddyer, pedro, the rocket...i know cuddyer had a monster year and should have a really good year this year, so i would try trading his numbers from last year for something great for years to come that will be consistant...then pedro and the rocket just don't have a spot on this young team...try getting a stud young arm for those 2 combined...a dynasty grade 9.6/10 for this year probably 8.9/10 VERY VERY nice looking dynasty team...

help me with my dynasty...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=256873

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:50 pm

Ah, another angry man doubts his drafting credentials and looks to the analyze my team board for answers. ;-7 :-b

I tell you what, teddy, you have a solid team and I think most anyone can say that in 12 Angry Men. I believe you possibly have one of the best pitching staffs in our league. If Pedro and Clemens can help you down the stretch, the better it is. As for the offense, it appears suspect in that you seem a little too stocked on youth and upside for the immediate future. After Pujols, you don't quite have that solid bat that will hit 30 HR's or more for this year. I'll point out EE and Thomas, but power might be an issue. I think you can afford to deal K-Rod or Kazmir for a bat.

You have good balance, but concentrating on balance a little too much can be a buzzkill in H2H formats just given that results are known to vary week to week.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Domo_kuun » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:54 pm

I think this team has potential, but yeah, maybe dump some of the aging weight off your bench for young talent...
Domo_kuun
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BUCCOFAN » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:03 am

Thanks for helping me out,

I really like the balance, of your squad, youth, vetrans, and some guys just hitting there prime

Good Luck ;-D
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team