what the yankees shooooould do! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

what the yankees shooooould do!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pkarr5000 » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:03 pm

until the yankees get a decent pitching staff, they will crash and burn and they will be throwing money bags all over the place while theyre doing so. its just a waste of time really.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3935
Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:56 pm

blankman wrote: If they can't get him, I expect them to turn to Colon and hope his work ethic has gotten better.


Colon has blazing speed to the post game food trays, breaking El Sid Fernandez record. :-°
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 297)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby blankman » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:17 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
blankman wrote: If they can't get him, I expect them to turn to Colon and hope his work ethic has gotten better.


Colon has blazing speed to the post game food trays, breaking El Sid Fernandez record. :-°


Thats what I've heard :-t
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:22 pm

blankman wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:
blankman wrote: If they can't get him, I expect them to turn to Colon and hope his work ethic has gotten better.


Colon has blazing speed to the post game food trays, breaking El Sid Fernandez record. :-°


Thats what I've heard :-t


Everyone's kinda being hard on a guy who's thrown at least 188 innings every year for the last 6 years............

David Wells is just as fat, and everyone loves him. I don't get it. :-?

If Colon goes to the Yankees, he goes up my draft list considerably. Wells has been on my "do not draft" list 3 years running, and next year will make 4 years.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:52 pm

Madison wrote:
Everyone's kinda being hard on a guy who's thrown at least 188 innings every year for the last 6 years............

David Wells is just as fat, and everyone loves him. I don't get it. :-?


Colon has stayed injury free, and thrown the innings. And i would take him on my team. But his work ethic, and body, are troubling. Imagine his numbers if he was 30 pounds thinner? Added weight does no one any good, certaintly not a athlete. I think Colon could be better, if he applied himself.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 297)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:58 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
Madison wrote:
Everyone's kinda being hard on a guy who's thrown at least 188 innings every year for the last 6 years............

David Wells is just as fat, and everyone loves him. I don't get it. :-?


Colon has stayed injury free, and thrown the innings. And i would take him on my team. But his work ethic, and body, are troubling. Imagine his numbers if he was 30 pounds thinner? Added weight does no one any good, certaintly not a athlete. I think Colon could be better, if he applied himself.


I agree. He could be better if he'd lose some weight ;-D . He's an innings eater and I'll draft him just the way he is though. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Gang Green » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:37 am

The Yankees can't possibly have Soriano at 2B and leading off. Kaz Matsui may not want to play 2B, but the Yanks desparately need a leadoff hitter and a 2B. He kills two birds with one stone. Its a no brainer. Castillo has had the injury bug the past two years and he didn't impress anybody under the hot lights of the World Series.The Boss will probably throw more than a generous sum of cash at Kaz Matsui to convince him to come play. Colon already turned down a 3 year 36 million dollar deal from the White Sox. After the Yankees are done with the Pettitte sweepstakes, he may come at too high a price. Their rotation will at least be Mussina, Pettitte, Contreras and Lieber. I think Nick Johnson is a solid player but enough about him being needed around in case Giambi gets hurt. The Yanks can go pick up a backup 1st basemen fairly easy. Use Johnson to go get Javier Vasquez. Put Soriano in rightfield and use the money you would spend on Sheffield to help bolster the middle relief. Karsay will be back from his injury as the setup man to Rivera.
I could be wrong in what I'm saying but I'll be dead before I realize it.
Gang Green
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 373
Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Praying that #10 is the messiah

Postby eftda » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:55 am

Gang Green wrote:The Yankees can't possibly have Soriano at 2B and leading off. Kaz Matsui may not want to play 2B, but the Yanks desparately need a leadoff hitter and a 2B


what about vina?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:49 am

eftda wrote:
Gang Green wrote:The Yankees can't possibly have Soriano at 2B and leading off. Kaz Matsui may not want to play 2B, but the Yanks desparately need a leadoff hitter and a 2B


what about vina?


You have got to be kidding.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby Madison » Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:52 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
eftda wrote:
Gang Green wrote:The Yankees can't possibly have Soriano at 2B and leading off. Kaz Matsui may not want to play 2B, but the Yanks desparately need a leadoff hitter and a 2B


what about vina?


You have got to be kidding.


Well, Todd Walker is availiable too.........
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ballaxomiafef, Pogotheostrich and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact