Flying advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Flying advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:22 pm

RugbyD wrote:Chicago or Minny is prbably best b/c the proximity reduces the chance that you might miss the connection if there is a problem.

Those would be my two suggestions as well. Really it shouldn't make too much of a difference since you are heading to the west coast. The only flights that ever seem to get delayed for me are those heading in to or out of the Northeast Corridor. My stomach still tightens up everytime I walk into Newark Intl.

Not sure if you are flying into SD or LA, but I usually have to route through Phoenix when heading into LAX and have had only one problem out of 20+ trips and that's even with the el cheapo US Airways tickets my boss always books for me.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:24 pm

ironman wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:
ironman wrote:
knapplc wrote:I've connected through Minneapolis many times. I don't have any problems other than the fact that the International gates are about three miles (literally) from the domestic gates. For domestic-to-domestic connections you shouldn't have any problems. And they're used to dealing with snow in the winter, so unless it's a really brutal storm you should be OK.

That's kind of what I was wanting to know. Northwest is generally one of the cheaper airlines that fly from here so that may be the option to go with. AirTran/Delta fly through Atlanta. United flies through Chicago and Denver and American through Chicago. Someone flies to Dallas/Ft. Worth but I can't seem to find which one it is yet.

i think its southwest but dont quote me.

Yeah Southwest is cheap but they don't fly out of the Quad Cities. Northwest does and tends to be cheaper than United, Delta or American.

I've had very good luck with Northwest - except for my last trip where they had the plane on the runway ready for takeoff before realizing they hadn't fueled it yet. They had to take us back to the terminal and fuel up or it would have been a pretty short flight. :-B :-o
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:33 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:I've been to Minnesota, Chicago and Denver airport numerous times, Denver has been the least troublesome of them all. And they probably has the best airport too.

Yeah, if you're a member of the Illuminati and are trying to bring about the New World Order.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:05 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:trying to bring about the New World Order.

Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk