All-Cafe March Madness Bracket Challenge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

All-Cafe March Madness Bracket Challenge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:29 am

Madison wrote:Here's a heads up that the contest is now up on the Basketball side.

http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=80

Have fun guys. ;-D

I was wondering if we would have something like that this year because I had remembered we did it in the past. Thanks for putting that up. Now we'll know what the "best" cafe is...
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:37 am

As for my bracket, well I'm still debating many matchups. I've been a Jayhawks fan for a few years now, and I've watched many of their games this year (I may even end up going to school there next year), and while they've been great, they have a tendency to fall behind early in games. That tendency is going to eventually come back to hurt them, especially in a one-and-done tournament such as this. I'm also troubled by the team's lack of experience, and the fact that Kansas in recent years (especially under Bill Self) has choked early in this tournament. They are a great, talented team that can go far, but I'm just not sure they can beat UCLA.

I'm also questioning whether North Carolina will beat Texas in the Sweet 16. Texas can go to a shootout with any team, IMO, and they have the best player in all of college basketball to finish out games with. Durant can't be stopped.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Madison » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:11 am

mweir145 wrote:
Madison wrote:Here's a heads up that the contest is now up on the Basketball side.

Have fun guys. ;-D

I was wondering if we would have something like that this year because I had remembered we did it in the past. Thanks for putting that up. Now we'll know what the "best" cafe is...

Yeah, I had to do some digging to see how it was last year, plus it doesn't help that there's not a lot of time between the brackets being announced and the games starting up. :-P

Ah well, it's up and open now, so have fun guys! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:15 am

Have fun guys. ;-D

Ah cool. I remember that last year and I was too lazy to make one. :*) I'll do it this year though.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:44 am

mweir145 wrote:As for my bracket, well I'm still debating many matchups. I've been a Jayhawks fan for a few years now, and I've watched many of their games this year (I may even end up going to school there next year), and while they've been great, they have a tendency to fall behind early in games. That tendency is going to eventually come back to hurt them, especially in a one-and-done tournament such as this. I'm also troubled by the team's lack of experience, and the fact that Kansas in recent years (especially under Bill Self) has choked early in this tournament. They are a great, talented team that can go far, but I'm just not sure they can beat UCLA.

Kansas falls behind early against Texas, they blow basically everyone else away early. They were up by 14 at halftime against OU, 26 vs ISU, 27 vs Nebraska,, 16 Colorado, 22 vs BU, and 17 vs OSU. There have only been maybe 2 or 3 games against anyone not named Texas where they didn't lead at halftime.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby tuff_gong » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:52 am

Tavish wrote:
mweir145 wrote:As for my bracket, well I'm still debating many matchups. I've been a Jayhawks fan for a few years now, and I've watched many of their games this year (I may even end up going to school there next year), and while they've been great, they have a tendency to fall behind early in games. That tendency is going to eventually come back to hurt them, especially in a one-and-done tournament such as this. I'm also troubled by the team's lack of experience, and the fact that Kansas in recent years (especially under Bill Self) has choked early in this tournament. They are a great, talented team that can go far, but I'm just not sure they can beat UCLA.

Kansas falls behind early against Texas, they blow basically everyone else away early. They were up by 14 at halftime against OU, 26 vs ISU, 27 vs Nebraska,, 16 Colorado, 22 vs BU, and 17 vs OSU. There have only been maybe 2 or 3 games against anyone not named Texas where they didn't lead at halftime.

Agreed, I think because they have played Kevin Durant twice in 10 days, and both times he's come out absolutely scorching, that people assume Kansas always falls behind early. A lot of ESPN guys have been saying similiar things...

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk