Please!! I need some help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please!! I need some help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please!! I need some help

Postby Yanks Ruined It » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:15 am

this is my just drafted team, I think I need to fine tune this decent team,5x5 roto standard 12 team yahoo league, my 1st draft this year. I like my offence, should be solid but could use some speed,pitching is young and could go either way,kind of punted svs,,lets have it

1b pujols 1
2b uggla 72
3b ensberg 121
ss crosby/hardy 216/241
of abreu 24
of wells 25
of ibanez 120
c ross 217
ut fielder73
bench taveres 192, f thomas 193,gomes 240

sp dice 48,c young 49, jered weaver 96, r hill 144, sowers 168,
rp izzy 97, valverde 145,zumaya 169
Last edited by Yanks Ruined It on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If there is baseball in heaven!!!! Be very aware of the starting lineup
Yanks Ruined It
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wildkwokie » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:05 am

I wouldn't exactly say you punted saves.. Isringhausen and Valverde is a decent combo.. but you just gotta hope they both stay healthy. if they're both healthy for the better part of the season, that's gotta be 65 saves.

I am not digging your offense at all. you are banking on guys that I personally think are questionable for this season, like Uggla, Crosby/Hardy, Ensberg. And your team is going to have a low batting average for a 12 team league I think unless Pujols hits .400, and you definitely could use some speed.

I am not so crazy about your starting pitching either. I do think that Dice-K will be a great pitcher this season, but I wouldn't draft him with the intention of relying on him as my ace, just in case he doesn't adapt well to the Majors. Don't expect the 2006 Jered Weaver... the league will start to figure him out a little, and his flyball rate is too high, so you can count on his ERA nearing 4.00 I think. Plus he may not even be fully healthy. And to take on Jeremy Sowers and his miserable strikeout totals, you should at least have had a sure bet for a 200 strikeout pitcher.

Bottom line, I see this team finishing in the bottom half of the standings
wildkwokie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mrider » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:13 am

wildkwokie wrote:I wouldn't exactly say you punted saves.. Isringhausen and Valverde is a decent combo.. but you just gotta hope they both stay healthy. if they're both healthy for the better part of the season, that's gotta be 65 saves.

I am not digging your offense at all. you are banking on guys that I personally think are questionable for this season, like Uggla, Crosby/Hardy, Ensberg. And your team is going to have a low batting average for a 12 team league I think unless Pujols hits .400, and you definitely could use some speed.

I am not so crazy about your starting pitching either. I do think that Dice-K will be a great pitcher this season, but I wouldn't draft him with the intention of relying on him as my ace, just in case he doesn't adapt well to the Majors. Don't expect the 2006 Jered Weaver... the league will start to figure him out a little, and his flyball rate is too high, so you can count on his ERA nearing 4.00 I think. Plus he may not even be fully healthy. And to take on Jeremy Sowers and his miserable strikeout totals, you should at least have had a sure bet for a 200 strikeout pitcher.

Bottom line, I see this team finishing in the bottom half of the standings

Wow, harsh words. First of all don't even say that about Weaver. Weaver is an excellent pitcher. He wasn't good because he was a rookie. He was good because he has good suff and is a good pitcher. I like your team and you can finish well.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CadensDad » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:19 am

I agree with the first poster, not sold on your pitching at all. I do like your hitting though. I might look into moving Dice-K for a better ACE pitcher. You also should look for a few more setup men to grab incase they get the closers job. I dont see you finishing in the bottom of the leabue, but unless you do some solid trades you wont finish in the top 3.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Yanks Ruined It » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:09 pm

Thanks for the advise, I know my pitching is suspect, thats why I asked for help not critism. Anyone else care to give some advise on who to trade for and with who, i also know my infield is a little short of the star power but had to address the of in my draft as these were the best availible at the time.
Yanks Ruined It
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CadensDad » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:10 pm

Post the top Hitters and Pitchers WW/FA then lets see what we might suggest.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Yanks Ruined It » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:32 pm

CadensDad wrote:Post the top Hitters and Pitchers WW/FA then lets see what we might suggest.

not much left out there on fa/ww, here are the only ones I would consider
3rd inge ,youlilis,lowell, feliz, wiggington

ss visquel, carroll

sp westbrook, snell, woody williams, dennys reyes
Yanks Ruined It
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team