Geico commercials turn into TV Pilot - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Geico commercials turn into TV Pilot

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:11 pm

Coppermine wrote:I guess the point is, anything can happen and given the state of television (particularly comedy) it's probably worth a try.


This is true. It still amazes me that shows like Arrested Development and Studio 60 aren't successful enough to stay on air. Though I guess it's somewhat of a good thing that my tastes aren't in line with the average television viewer...haha.

Anyway, there's no way it can be any worse than that new Rob Corddry show.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:30 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I guess the point is, anything can happen and given the state of television (particularly comedy) it's probably worth a try.


This is true. It still amazes me that shows like Arrested Development and Studio 60 aren't successful enough to stay on air. Though I guess it's somewhat of a good thing that my tastes aren't in line with the average television viewer...haha.

Anyway, there's no way it can be any worse than that new Rob Corddry show.


But critics call the new Rob Corddry show the funniest show since Joey :-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby knapplc » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:33 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Anyway, there's no way it can be any worse than that new Rob Corddry show.


But critics call the new Rob Corddry show the funniest show since Joey :-D


Isn't that like saying it's the nicest disease since Ebola?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Postby acsguitar » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:35 pm

knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Anyway, there's no way it can be any worse than that new Rob Corddry show.


But critics call the new Rob Corddry show the funniest show since Joey :-D


Isn't that like saying it's the nicest disease since Ebola?


Yes pretty much
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby thedude » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:17 pm

This is a terrible idea, but knowing the average America, I am sure it will be a huge hit.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby Coppermine » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:31 am

thedude wrote:This is a terrible idea, but knowing the average America, I am sure it will be a huge hit.


I'll take scripted comedy over reality television any day. I say give it a chance; if it was a question about how dumb America is, they would just make the show title "Who Wants to Marry a Caveman?"
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:44 am

Coppermine wrote:
thedude wrote:This is a terrible idea, but knowing the average America, I am sure it will be a huge hit.


I'll take scripted comedy over reality television any day. I say give it a chance; if it was a question about how dumb America is, they would just make the show title "Who Wants to Marry a Caveman?"


or "are you Smarter than a 5th grade caveman"
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:54 am

I've been waiting for this. The caveman commercials are the best too. Hopefully they'll last a few seasons.
Image
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3552
Joined: 7 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching Over Everything

Postby cordscords » Tue May 15, 2007 11:47 am

ABC gave it the green light.

Set to debut in the fall ;-D
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4346
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue May 15, 2007 11:56 am

Hollywood has officially run out of ideas. ;-7
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact