Dellin Betances - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Dellin Betances

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raygunpunx » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 pm

Koby Schellenger wrote:
raygunpunx wrote:What are you not understanding? I live in NY and nobody and I mean nobody was pushing for Cano. Most Yankee fans never even heard of him when he was called up

What are you not understanding about him being ranked higher than 6th?

You keep on saying he was a highly regarded prospect and that could not be further from the truth. But I guess you would know better then someone from NY
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby powenM » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:06 am

All i know is by the logo i use as an avatar i cant stand the Yankees or their fans(Its not that i hate the person, I hate what he does or believes in - sorry its just in my BoSox Blood).

Saying this I think Yankee fans, like all fans, boost or hype their players/prospects.(Just go onto most team sites, join the forum & ask questions about their players) The fact that New York at this time seems like the centre of the baseball universe, may make us think they go overboard sometimes.

But can I PLEASE hear anything u have to say about this Kid?
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DownFromNJ » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:41 am

To defend myself with that article, I compared Cano to Mark Prior in terms of stuff. I didn't say it in that article, but of Betances I've often said "He's going to have a lot of chances to fail".

It's important to remember that I am writing about an 18 year old who was just drafted. It's all about projection, not certainty. I think that if there were no signability issues and teams knew what they know now about Betances, he would be a top-10 pick. In that case, I think my opinions are accurate.
DownFromNJ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:47 pm

DownFromNJ wrote:To defend myself with that article, I compared Cano to Mark Prior in terms of stuff. I didn't say it in that article, but of Betances I've often said "He's going to have a lot of chances to fail".

It's important to remember that I am writing about an 18 year old who was just drafted. It's all about projection, not certainty. I think that if there were no signability issues and teams knew what they know now about Betances, he would be a top-10 pick. In that case, I think my opinions are accurate.

??? Cano to Prior??
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby powenM » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:48 pm

raygunpunx wrote:
??? Cano to Prior??

Betances
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DownFromNJ » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:15 pm

Sorry, was very tired when I wrote that.
DownFromNJ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball