Dellin Betances - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Dellin Betances

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raygunpunx » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm

High Heater wrote:
raygunpunx wrote:
nathan050904 wrote:First of all NY was high on almost all three of those prospects only one I didn't hear much about was Wang. Secondly, it's not me comparing Hughes to Prior. It's the author whos comparing Betances to Prior (Please read).

If the author did compare him to a healthy prior then he could not be further from the truth. They are nothing alike. Hughes yes

I am from NY and Cano was only brought up because Womack
was awful. Cano was like there 6th "best" prospect on an awful farm system. Nobody and I mean nobody was pimpin Cano. Same goes with Melky. Yankee fans recently have not been hyping their prospects because they had been so awful. I think you might be thinking of Met fans

Melky is nothing more then a good 4th OF.... honestly

He's played about half a year. He's like 21. Kid is gonna be decent
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Koby Schellenger » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:52 pm

raygunpunx wrote:
Koby Schellenger wrote:
raygunpunx wrote:
nathan050904 wrote:First of all NY was high on almost all three of those prospects only one I didn't hear much about was Wang. Secondly, it's not me comparing Hughes to Prior. It's the author whos comparing Betances to Prior (Please read).

If the author did compare him to a healthy prior then he could not be further from the truth. They are nothing alike. Hughes yes

I am from NY and Cano was only brought up because Womack
was awful. Cano was like there 6th "best" prospect on an awful farm system. Nobody and I mean nobody was pimpin Cano. Same goes with Melky. Yankee fans recently have not been hyping their prospects because they had been so awful. I think you might be thinking of Met fans

Robinson Cano was highly rated and rated by Baseball America #2 one year.

You got a link??

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/fe ... nkees.html
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Koby Schellenger » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:53 pm

Steve-o wrote:
Koby Schellenger wrote:Robinson Cano was highly rated and rated by Baseball America #2 one year.

Which year was that? He was never in their top 100...

link

I posted the link. It was in reference to the claim that he was never rated above 6th in the Yankees system, which is false.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby powenM » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:56 pm

Whats this thread about anyhow?

RCano or Dellin Betances? :-B
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raygunpunx » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:58 pm

Koby Schellenger wrote:
Steve-o wrote:
Koby Schellenger wrote:Robinson Cano was highly rated and rated by Baseball America #2 one year.

link

I posted the link. It was in reference to the claim that he was never rated above 6th in the Yankees system, which is false.

Being ranked number 2 with that group is totally different then being highly rated. BTW you still haven't answered me about how Yankee fans talk up their prospects more then any other fans do
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Koby Schellenger » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:00 pm

raygunpunx wrote:
Koby Schellenger wrote:
Steve-o wrote:

link

Being ranked number 2 with that group is totally different then being highly rated. BTW you still haven't answered me about how Yankee fans talk up their prospects more then any other fans do

I never said anything about that. I simply refuted your claim that he was the Yankees 'like the sixth best prospect'
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raygunpunx » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:07 pm

Koby Schellenger wrote:
raygunpunx wrote:
Koby Schellenger wrote:
Steve-o wrote:

link

I never said anything about that. I simply refuted your claim that he was the Yankees 'like the sixth best prospect'

You didn't refute anything. You picked one source. Cano was a terrible prospect. Stay on topic please
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Koby Schellenger » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:27 pm

raygunpunx wrote:
Koby Schellenger wrote:
raygunpunx wrote:
Koby Schellenger wrote:
Steve-o wrote:

link

Being ranked number 2 with that group is totally different then being highly rated. BTW you still haven't answered me
about how Yankee fans talk up their prospects more then any other fans do

You didn't refute anything. You picked one source. Cano was a terrible prospect. Stay on topic please

Scout.com rated him 4th in the Yankees system for 2005.
Baseball Prospectus had this to say about Cano in 2003:
The Yankees organization has a passel of touted young shortstops; most are touted merely for tout's sake…This year, the best of the bunch is Cano. Cano hit better than any of the others, and flashing lefty power at 19 makes him someone to follow. Although his footwork at shortstop needs work, he has the arm for the position.

Here's a quote from http://themetropolitans.blogspot.com/20 ... -cano.html]a random blog from 2005:
I cannot turn on 1050 ESPN Radio or WFAN without hearing Yankee fans talk about Robinson Cano as the second coming or Mr. Intangibles himself, Derek Jeter. While I have no idea if Robinson has as many intangibles or knows how to win as much as Derek, he is certainly having an impressive rookie campaign.

I'm telling you, he was rated higher than sixth best in the Yankees system and Yankees fans pushed this guy as a big time guy hard, but rightfully so.
Last edited by Koby Schellenger on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raygunpunx » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 pm

What are you not understanding? I live in NY and nobody and I mean nobody was pushing for Cano. Most Yankee fans never even heard of him when he was called up
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Koby Schellenger » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:37 pm

raygunpunx wrote:What are you not understanding? I live in NY and nobody and I mean nobody was pushing for Cano. Most Yankee fans never even heard of him when he was called up

What are you not understanding about him being ranked higher than 6th?
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball