Dellin Betances - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Dellin Betances

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dellin Betances

Postby powenM » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:58 am

Just like to hear what u think of this kids upside. seems unlimited!

Potential stud? Am I getting too excited, too early?

http://yankeeprospects.blogspot.com/200 ... ces-5.html
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nathan050904 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:58 pm

Well here is my thoughts on Dellin Betances. First of all there is a lot of hype behind Betances. He would've been a first round draft pick however, I believe he was commited to a U.S. college. He is arguably one of the top 3 high school arms from last years draft. That includes Clayton Kershaw, Kyle Drabek, and of course Dellin Betances. If Dellin was a left handed pitcher he would be getting a lot more praise then he currently is. However, with that said while our expectations should be held back a little the sky is the limit for him. Baseball America refers to Dellin as a potential #1 starter at the next level. However, he is just 18 years old so we need to be cautious. Do I like him? Yes. I actually own him in my dynasty league and I am extremely high on him. It will be interesting this year (his first full season) to see how hee developes. He is worth the risk if you can keep him for a couple years. He could be something really special. However, please the last place you want to go for advice or opinion on a Yankee prospect is to their fans. No knock against them it's just that they tend to over-hype prospects. Phil Hughes isn't over-hyped but, look at Eric Duncan amoungst others. Besides that website says "I am going to compare Betances to a healthy Mark Prior." How can we compare someone as raw as Betances to Mark Prior?
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby High Heater » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:15 pm

his potential is very high, like nathan said a #1 possibly but hes 18 and has a LONG way to go. he's the farthert thing from a "healthy prior" and i do agree that NY prospects tend to be way over-hyped.

hes nothing more then a good-great potential SP that could go either way since hes so young.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby raygunpunx » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:33 pm

nathan050904 wrote:Well here is my thoughts on Dellin Betances. First of all there is a lot of hype behind Betances. He would've been a first round draft pick however, I believe he was commited to a U.S. college. He is arguably one of the top 3 high school arms from last years draft. That includes Clayton Kershaw, Kyle Drabek, and of course Dellin Betances. If Dellin was a left handed pitcher he would be getting a lot more praise then he currently is. However, with that said while our expectations should be held back a little the sky is the limit for him. Baseball America refers to Dellin as a potential #1 starter at the next level. However, he is just 18 years old so we need to be cautious. Do I like him? Yes. I actually own him in my dynasty league and I am extremely high on him. It will be interesting this year (his first full season) to see how hee developes. He is worth the risk if you can keep him for a couple years. He could be something really special. However, please the last place you want to go for advice or opinion on a Yankee prospect is to their fans. No knock against them it's just that they tend to over-hype prospects. Phil Hughes isn't over-hyped but, look at Eric Duncan amoungst others. Besides that website says "I am going to compare Betances to a healthy Mark Prior." How can we compare someone as raw as Betances to Mark Prior?

I think every teams fans overhype their prospects. Besides I didn't hear any hype from Yankee fans about Wang,Cano or Melky.

Also I think you are referring to Hughes being compared to a healthy Prior. I never heard of Betances compared to Prior
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nathan050904 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:08 pm

First of all NY was high on almost all three of those prospects only one I didn't hear much about was Wang. Secondly, it's not me comparing Hughes to Prior. It's the author whos comparing Betances to Prior (Please read).
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raygunpunx » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:47 pm

nathan050904 wrote:First of all NY was high on almost all three of those prospects only one I didn't hear much about was Wang. Secondly, it's not me comparing Hughes to Prior. It's the author whos comparing Betances to Prior (Please read).

If the author did compare him to a healthy prior then he could not be further from the truth. They are nothing alike. Hughes yes

I am from NY and Cano was only brought up because Womack
was awful. Cano was like there 6th "best" prospect on an awful farm system. Nobody and I mean nobody was pimpin Cano. Same goes with Melky. Yankee fans recently have not been hyping their prospects because they had been so awful. I think you might be thinking of Met fans
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Koby Schellenger » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:12 pm

raygunpunx wrote:
nathan050904 wrote:First of all NY was high on almost all three of those prospects only one I didn't hear much about was Wang. Secondly, it's not me comparing Hughes to Prior. It's the author whos comparing Betances to Prior (Please read).

If the author did compare him to a healthy prior then he could not be further from the truth. They are nothing alike. Hughes yes

was awful. Cano was like there 6th "best" prospect on an awful farm system. Nobody and I mean nobody was pimpin Cano. Same goes with Melky. Yankee fans recently have not been hyping their prospects because they had been so awful. I think you might be thinking of Met fans

Robinson Cano was highly rated and rated by Baseball America #2 one year.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raygunpunx » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:15 pm

Koby Schellenger wrote:
raygunpunx wrote:

Robinson Cano was highly rated and rated by Baseball America #2 one year.

You got a link??
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Steve-o » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:17 pm

Koby Schellenger wrote:Robinson Cano was highly rated and rated by Baseball America #2 one year.

Which year was that? He was never in their top 100...

link
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby High Heater » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 pm

raygunpunx wrote:

Melky is nothing more then a good 4th OF.... honestly
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball