Wikipedia is amazing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Wikipedia is amazing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:44 am

Yeah, we used to go to the computer lab in history to do a web search and I would go to the pages on wiki for the people or events we were supposed to look up and completely take out everything. It would be fixed in a few minutes but I could hear people getting confused as to what happened. :-b
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:06 pm

I like Wikipedia to look stuff up quickly but you do have to know what you are looking at and take it with a grain of salt.

I had to do a presentation about the Olympics recently, for a Tae Kwon Do class, and found it useful, not so much for research but for a quick run through the history of it as each Summer/ Winter games had a page w/ anecdotes, etc. about it. I read a couple of books first so I had some ideas about things that I was interested in but, as a quick source of lots of info, it was very useful. The graphic represenatations of women's swimming medals were an interesting depiction of the power of modern chemistry (1968 vs 1976)
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:33 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:For all of you Wikipedia users, check out uncyclopedia.org. The site is hilarious. Wikipedia checks entries for content- uncylopedia checks entries for funniness. I suggest you look up the "Wikipedia" entry on Uncyclopedia. Its good stuff. ;-D

pretty weird site...is it all written by the same person because it looks like every article has a reference to Kitten Huffing

No its just like Wikipedia, anyone can edit it and write stuff on it. Some of its funny, some of its pretty stupid sometimes... There are a lot of inside jokes on it (like they talk about Oscar Wilde pretty much every article), so that's probably what made you think it was written by the same person.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk