Video games kill my grades... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Video games kill my grades...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:16 pm

Way to rekindle more memories guys, hence making me want to go play them more, hence the inverse of why I started this thread. :-[

I can't imagine going back to N64 and playing 007 with a controller.....not after being a FPS player on PC with a mouse. I'd go nuts.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LukeW9027 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:21 pm

RynMan wrote:Way to rekindle more memories guys, hence making me want to go play them more, hence the inverse of why I started this thread. :-[

I can't imagine going back to N64 and playing 007 with a controller.....not after being a FPS player on PC with a mouse. I'd go nuts.

Playing Goldeneye for the first time in a long time is really weird. The controls take a while to get used to, but all those hours that the true 007 player logged night in and night out in those strenuous 4 player power weapons deathmatches, will take you back to a marksman.

Man I love that game. ;-D O:-)
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:22 pm

If you play 007 or Perfect Dark now you will notice considerable frame rate issues, which is crazy to me, because at the time I never thought twice about any kind of frame rate issues and was just purely mesmerized by the innovation in the game.

Also going back to a shooter that doesn't use both the x and y axis to aim the gun is infuriating, which is also funny, because I strongly objected to having to adjust to having to use two joystickes to aim when that first came into effect.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:25 pm

LukeW9027 wrote:
RynMan wrote:Way to rekindle more memories guys, hence making me want to go play them more, hence the inverse of why I started this thread. :-[

Playing Goldeneye for the first time in a long time is really weird. The controls take a while to get used to, but all those hours that the true 007 player logged night in and night out in those strenuous 4 player power weapons deathmatches, will take you back to a marksman.

That's another thing.....4 way screen split. Not cool. Good luck trying to surprise someone. It got to the point where I'd just take a quick glance across and know exactly where everyone else was on the map.

Good times though. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:28 pm

RynMan wrote:
LukeW9027 wrote:

That's another thing.....4 way screen split. Not cool. Good luck trying to surprise someone. It got to the point where I'd just take a quick glance across and know exactly where everyone else was on the map.

That brought an interesting dynamic though, everyone would be able to look and it took some guile to be the one that properly uses the ability to screen watch.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LukeW9027 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:30 pm

RynMan wrote:
LukeW9027 wrote:

SCREEN PEAKER!!!!!!!!!!! :-b

The map also told where everyone was too.
But I remember some fights breakin out after some screen peaking allegations... :-D !+)
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:37 pm

I love how everyone would deny screen watching, yet it was quite obvious everyone would do it.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LukeW9027 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:38 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:I love how everyone would deny screen watching, yet it was quite obvious everyone would do it.

So true. Its pretty much impossible to ignore when you see your characters body in your periph's in someone elses screen... ;-)
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Old_Style » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:04 am

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:I love how everyone would deny screen watching, yet it was quite obvious everyone would do it.

I would let it be known that I was a screen watcher. It took skill to keep an eye on everyone's screen, including your own.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tuff_gong » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:13 am

This fall I will be screwed...GTA4 and Halo 3 :-L

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk