You know you're a jerk when... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

You know you're a jerk when...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

You know you're a jerk when...

Postby suppasonic » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:41 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

NEW YORK (AP) -- A dentist to the rich and famous has filed a $7 million lawsuit against the estate of late New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle, claiming his home was destroyed when the ballplayer's small airplane crashed into his apartment building.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:05 am

wow...just wow :-t
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:05 am

Yeah, seriously, trying to rightfully get money over your destroyed property is terrible. ;-7
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:08 am

davidmarver wrote:Yeah, seriously, trying to rightfully get money over your destroyed property is terrible. ;-7

:-? isnt that why you buy homeowners insurance?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:13 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Yeah, seriously, trying to rightfully get money over your destroyed property is terrible. ;-7

If someone crashed a plane into my house, I'd sure as hell sue him.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby suppasonic » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:15 am

davidmarver wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Well, as it looks, this guy is pretty independently wealthy. Shouldn't insurance cover this, not a lawsuit?
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby sportsaddict » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:15 am

davidmarver wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Cory Lidle was killed and it was an accident... there are more important things in life than money, this guy obviously doesn't know that. :-t
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RugbyD » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:19 am

sportsaddict wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Cory Lidle was killed and it was an accident... there are more important things in life than money, this guy obviously doesn't know that. :-t

yeah, because Cory could really use it......

Cory crashed the plane, Cory is responsible for the damage, Cory should pay for the damage.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby sportsaddict » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:26 am

RugbyD wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Cory crashed the plane, Cory is responsible for the damage, Cory should pay for the damage.

I know that normally it would be an easy decision to sue Lidle, but in this instance he was killed and I don't think its the right thing to do. That's way too much for the family to deal with, it was an accident and if Lidle wasn't killed I would say yes, he should be sued. But now the family has to deal with all the lawsuits and crap while trying to mourn the death of their father/husband. That's wrong. :-t
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:34 am

sportsaddict wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

I know that normally it would be an easy decision to sue Lidle, but in this instance he was killed and I don't think its the right thing to do. That's way too much for the family to deal with, it was an accident and if Lidle wasn't killed I would say yes, he should be sued. But now the family has to deal with all the lawsuits and crap while trying to mourn the death of their father/husband. That's wrong. :-t

You mean, Cory's family is dealing with the repercussions of Cory's actions? Yeah, I agree it's wrong that Cory put his family through this, but what about the dentist? His house was destroyed by Cory; regardless of his health, they're entitled to at least face value of their property, plus time/convenience damages.

It's not like $7,000,000 that Cory earned is going to cripple the family anyway; Cory made more $17,000,000 in MLB. They can afford a great lawyer and don't have to worry about having to door anything themselves.

If you should feel bad for anyone here, it should be the family of the destroyed home, who is being given crap for trying to rightfully receive retributions.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk