P C.C. Sabitha
P Takashi Saito
P Dave Bush

B Josh Barfield
B Troy Tulowitzki
B Anthony Reyes
B Matt Garza
B Scott Thorman

The team name is The Breakouts just because I sort of found it fitting, I have had lots of interest for Carpenter. Just would like some suggestions. I know my 1B and 3B are weak, I was hoping for Prince Fielder but that didn't work.
jnaz2008
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HollywoodHartman » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:53 pm

Your team is deliciously young. I really recommend trying to upgrade 1b and 3b. Pick up Alex Gordon if he's available.
HollywoodHartman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jeffking711 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:07 pm

NOT TOO MUCH TO LIKE HERE, IT SEEMS YOU LOADED UP ON PITCHING EARLY, ALWAYS A ROOKIE MISTAKE, THERE IS AN OVERLOAD OF GOOD PITCHERS THIS YEAR, FROM THE SLEEPERS LIKE OLSEN, BUSH AND SNELL TO THE YOUNG STUDS IN CAIN, BAILEY AND HAMELS, YOU DID NOT HAVE TO REACH SO EARLY FOR CARP AND BEAVY, WHAT IT ESSENTIALLY DID WAS WEAKEN YOUR LINEUP TO ONE OF THE BOTTOM TIER IN YTUOR LEAGUE, YOU HAVE NO POWER AT FIRST BASE, A MUST IF YOU WANT TO BE COMPETITIVE, YOUR 3RD BASEMAN IS A POP GUN HITTER AT BEST, YOU REACHED TOO EARLY ON KENJI WHEN YOU SHOULDA BEEN FOCUSED ON GETTING AS MUCH POWER AS POSSIBLE, DUNN WILL END UP KILLING YOUR AVERAGE, DELMON WAS YOUR ONE NICE PICK OF THE BUNCH, AND GOMES IS A COMPLETE WASTE.

OVERALL I SEE YOU FINISHING IN THE BOTTOM 4 TEAMS IF THIS IS A 12 TEAM LEAGUE,
jeffking711
College Coach
College Coach

Postby yankeeman » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:09 pm

just upgrade 1b and 3b

ur team is ok
Jeter+Arod=destruction.........and blood....lots and lots of blood
yankeeman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby go_sox_n_cards » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:55 pm

Trade a guy like Peavy for a big upgrade on 3B and drop scott thurman and get someone like ryan garko, who has a lot of upside this year in a great indian lineup. try and look at all the other teams and look for the guy that really needs pitching/has a good 1B or 3B. trade peavy or carp for that guy. i think if you are really active on the free agent wire, picking up 2 start pitchers and checking the very slitest hint of a hot streak, basically being the best manager in your league, then i think you can compete.

last year i sucked in one of my leagues, i had a ton of busts, and i ended a top team doing that, picking up 2 start pitchers, and i also got 3 guys: hanley ramirez, dan uggla, and justin morneau from checking hot streaks.
I would like to thank Ols for this great sig :-)
go_sox_n_cards
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kaiser » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:00 pm

I agree... a little too much youth here. It could payoff big, but you'll probably have better success with adding in a few more vet bats. Don't touch your pitching staff.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby fbc_fan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:32 am

like the others mentioned, its a pretty young team. i think 1b/3b are your weakest spots, but your OF could turn sour quickly also. i do like both shealy and eddie enc, though i would try to work a deal that upgrades one of those. try to work on 1b first, it's so deep this year that you can probably get a good player at a lower value.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StinkyPete » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:43 am

Dang, that team is either going to finish first or last, it all depends on how many of your sleepers break out!!! I think you probably didn't draft very well, I'm not gonna lie to ya, but you should be able to find a better 1B off of the wire, and trade a SP for a better 3B and you'll probably manage!!

Stink
StinkyPete
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team