Bonderman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonderman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bonderman

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:55 pm

So what is everyone's feeling about Bonderman this year? I'm thinking this is the year to get him since people will finally be scared about his injury and the wheels coming off after a great start again.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Bonderman

Postby markj11 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:59 pm

He is defintly on my list, and also on my list to trade at the break.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: Bonderman

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:11 pm

markj11 wrote:He is defintly on my list, and also on my list to trade at the break.


I agree with this. While I dont specifically go out and draft players with an intent to trade them, if Bondo were to fall to me in the 10th, 11th, 12th round I would draft him...and then certainly trade him at the break. He just doesn't seem to be able to put together a full season. I'll believe it when i see it...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2021
(Past Year: 24)
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cafe of Fantasies

Re: Bonderman

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:13 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:
markj11 wrote:He is defintly on my list, and also on my list to trade at the break.


I agree with this. While I dont specifically go out and draft players with an intent to trade them, if Bondo were to fall to me in the 10th, 11th, 12th round I would draft him...and then certainly trade him at the break. He just doesn't seem to be able to put together a full season. I'll believe it when i see it...


I like that line of thinking but in a competitive league, most owners are aware of the fact that Bondo falls apart so I'm not sure if you can get much in a trade.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Bonderman

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:18 pm

I think Bonderman will be just like has been every other year: He'll start great and slow down as the season progresses.

I think you are right, though, Yoda. He will certainly be available much later this year than in years past.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Bonderman

Postby markj11 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Yoda wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:
markj11 wrote:He is defintly on my list, and also on my list to trade at the break.


I agree with this. While I dont specifically go out and draft players with an intent to trade them, if Bondo were to fall to me in the 10th, 11th, 12th round I would draft him...and then certainly trade him at the break. He just doesn't seem to be able to put together a full season. I'll believe it when i see it...


I like that line of thinking but in a competitive league, most owners are aware of the fact that Bondo falls apart so I'm not sure if you can get much in a trade.


I think if starts as good as last year you should still be able to get more value for him than what you would get from him.
last year before the break:
9-1 24BB 98K 3.48ERA 1.19WHIP
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: Bonderman

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Good sleeper in roto, not so great in H2H.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bonderman

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Ender wrote:Good sleeper in roto, not so great in H2H.

Why not? IMO, hot starters are gold in H2H - especially keepers. He helps you win quite a few weeks at the beginning of the season. After a couple months, when teams start to separate, you go to someone at the bottom and offer them Bonderman in return for some guys that are good for late-season outbursts and make the trade. Now you've pawned off his second-half slump on someone else, and you're bound for the playoffs.

In roto, teams know that they have longer to compete, so they'll sit on their second-half guys and not trade them so easily.

If you ask me, Bonderman's value is actually the opposite of what you just said.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Bonderman

Postby Field » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:58 pm

I'm going to be looking to draft him in most leagues. There really isn't a whole lot of risk where he's being drafted, especially when you consider he could potentially your SP#2 when all is said and done. He's still young enough to be able to finally put it together and learn how to pitch a complete season.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2549
Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NH

Re: Bonderman

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Yeah now that there is a lot more risk with him, I think he can be had at a much more reasonable price in most drafts. There will be people who will still reach for him though since he is young and talented.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 12:00 hours
(and 100 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact