Bonderman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonderman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cordscords » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:10 am

This is the year. He's going to put it all together, and I'm definitley targeting him ;-D
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby walkoffblast » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:36 am

They might be close in some things but the simple reason no one is biting on Harden vs Bonderman is that if you combine Harden's IP the last 2 years it is barely over Bonderman's career low IP and does not beat his total IP in each of the last three years. Injured pitchers that are great when healthy kill fantasy season more than they make them.
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:27 am

walkoffblast wrote:They might be close in some things but the simple reason no one is biting on Harden vs Bonderman is that if you combine Harden's IP the last 2 years it is barely over Bonderman's career low IP and does not beat his total IP in each of the last three years. Injured pitchers that are great when healthy kill fantasy season more than they make them.

My point with comparing the two is that everyone thinks that Harden is an automatic stud if he can stay healthy. Bonderman is very close to Harden in many respects, but he's a question mark in the eyes of many despite having pitched in more innings.

It's just interesting, that's all.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby RynMan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:38 am

StlSluggers wrote:
walkoffblast wrote:They might be close in some things but the simple reason no one is biting on Harden vs Bonderman is that if you combine Harden's IP the last 2 years it is barely over Bonderman's career low IP and does not beat his total IP in each of the last three years. Injured pitchers that are great when healthy kill fantasy season more than they make them.

My point with comparing the two is that everyone thinks that Harden is an automatic stud if he can stay healthy. Bonderman is very close to Harden in many respects, but he's a question mark in the eyes of many despite having pitched in more innings.

I wonder if people would feel differently if he (Bonderman) had a mid to high 90's fastball.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:25 am

RynMan wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

I wonder if people would feel differently if he (Bonderman) had a mid to high 90's fastball.

Probably. I think Bonderman has a chance to be a stud and maybe on the verge. However, I think he gets overrated quite a bit by his supporters. He isn't a stud yet but people pay for him like one. Reminds me of Dunn.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:30 am

Yoda wrote:Probably. I think Bonderman has a chance to be a stud and maybe on the verge. However, I think he gets overrated quite a bit by his supporters. He isn't a stud yet but people pay for him like one. Reminds me of Dunn.

That's the big difference between Bondy this year and last year. Last year, he was going signficantly later in drafts.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Yoda » Fri May 04, 2007 8:08 pm

Wanted to bring up this post with Haren pitching very well and Bonderman coming off a couple of rough outings but overall good numbers. They seem to be very comparable still, with Bonderman getting the edge in Ks and Haren with the edge on Ratios.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ab » Fri May 04, 2007 11:45 pm

I've read a couple articles stating that Bonderman was unlucky to the tune of at least a full point in era last year.

Did anyone see that 10-inning game with Halladay and Bonderman earlier in the year? THAT is why people like Bonderman.
ab
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Bonderman

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:40 pm

Bump
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Bonderman

Postby statsman88 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:43 pm

yeah, im thinkin about droppin bonderman in my 12 teamer, he's been absolutely awful lately
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers