Bonderman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonderman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bonderman

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:28 pm

I know that most people love this guy but I am still skeptical. He seems to be highly ranked on most lists and going very high in drafts. I like his repertoire (even though sliders suck for elbows) and his K rate. But can someone convince me why I should be taking this guy with my top 6 or 7 picks?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:31 pm

I didn't buy the hype last year and I won't buy the hype again this year. I won't draft him in any of my leagues unless he's there in the 10th or later and he won't be.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby LukeW9027 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:31 pm

Personally, I have him at #13 on my SP ratings. The reasons you all explained above, his great K/9 and K/BB, a good pitchers ballpark, solid offense, and good stuff. All great attributes for a fantasy pitcher.
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby CT Smash » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:44 pm

Well, his negatives were ERA and WHIP but he's shown a great improvement in each category over the past couple of seasons so those ratios won't hurt you as he should continue to improve to a below 4 ERA and a 1.29 WHIP. Now when you consider the fact that he should win 15-16 games being on a talented Tiger team which got better offensively with the addtion of Sheffield and that he was one of only 6 pitchers to have 200+ K's, you're looking at a top 10 pitcher. Albeit bottom half of the top 10, but top 10. And he is only 24 years old!!! Thus one can expect continued improvement.
CT Smash
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:53 pm

How do you feel about Rich Harden, because statistically speaking, they're very similar:

High Ks, Bondy walks less, but gives up more dingers.

StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:02 pm

StlSluggers wrote:How do you feel about Rich Harden, because statistically speaking, they're very similar:

Isn't fangraphs great?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby J35J » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:02 pm

I'm not sold on him like others are either. I've got him in my top 15 SP but I wouldn't want him as my ace. He's good but he hasn't put it all together yet to be a top 10 guy or a fantasy ace.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby J35J » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:03 pm

StlSluggers wrote:How do you feel about Rich Harden, because statistically speaking, they're very similar:

I personally like Harden quite a bit more(potentially) but with his injury history you gotta like Bonderman just a touch more.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:05 pm

Yes, his peripherals are very good but still as JJ pointed out, he hasn't put it all together yet. He is still young so the trend is definitely getting better but is he that much better than someone like Haren, who is a couple years older but probably available at least 3 rounds later?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Yoda wrote:Yes, his peripherals are very good but still as JJ pointed out, he hasn't put it all together yet. He is still young so the trend is definitely getting better but is he that much better than someone like Haren, who is a couple years older but probably available at least 3 rounds later?

No they aren't far apart at all.

Haren = Bondy wins
Haren = Bondy era
Haren > Bondy whip
Haren < Bondy so
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers