I Know You Guys Like When There's a Picture - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I Know You Guys Like When There's a Picture

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pedantic » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:42 pm

Madison wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:I know what you're saying, Mad, but I think what has me baffled is this paragraph:

Ward, who is married, had sexual encounters with the 14- and 15-year-old boys at various locations, including in the school, at a motel, in a park and behind a restaurant, from December to this month, according to arrest warrants.

Generally, I would have expected it to have said, "Ward, who is married, is accused of having sexual encounters..."

I mean, that's how I would write it. If taken out of context, that paragraph could been seen as an assertion of fact, and that could lead to legal problems.

Again, it's the "according to arrest warrants" part of that paragraph. If they left that out, then sure, there's a chance of slander. All they are doing is reporting what's in the arrest warrants, and since it's noted, there is no problem. B-)

That would actually be libel, and in any event it would need to be false, which doesn't seem likely.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tuff_gong » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:51 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
tuff_gong wrote:For some people it may be hard for them to believe stuff like this actually happens, not for me. There's a teacher at my high school that "allegedly" had sexual encounters with a student that graduated 2 years ahead of me. And believe you me, she is smoooookin'. :-°

School district still not find out anything about it?

Haha, that's funny, but also very sad. I'd be embarrassed to even have known her.

No, the school district hasn't found out anything about it. It's all a very word of mouth kind of thing, and I know this is going to sound very very highschool gossip-ish but a girl took a picture on her camera phone of a text message she saw on the guys phone from the teacher and was showing it to people at a get together my senior year, and it looked pretty legit. After this year I don't know how much it will matter, though, because she is going back to school to get a degree in something else.

I want to reiterate that she is smokin', giving more support to the theory that a lot of teachers who do this kind of thing are decent to pretty good looking.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: I Know You Guys Like When There's a Picture

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:08 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
CNN.com wrote:

Some of the [b]victims
were students at Ward's school, Thomas said.

These kids are not victims. They are old enough to understand that having sex with your teacher is probably not a good thing to do. :-b
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:13 pm

thedude wrote:This reminds me of that Southpark episode.

Nice ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:10 pm

i knew at least two chicks at my high-school that banged teachers/coach's...one married the guy (her softball coach) after she graduated
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:16 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i knew at least two chicks at my high-school that banged teachers/coach's...one married the guy (her softball coach) after she graduated

It was quite prevalent in my Basic Training unit, too (female recruits with male drill sergeants).
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby soxfan364 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:05 pm

And I'm sure that marriage is going well
:-o

Dan Lambskin wrote:i knew at least two chicks at my high-school that banged teachers/coach's...one married the guy (her softball coach) after she graduated
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Half Massed » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:47 pm

There was a senior in my high school who got with one of the male teachers. He ended up leaving the school and they're still together as far as I know.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby davidmarver » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:22 pm

Half Massed wrote:There was a senior in my high school who got with one of the male teachers. He ended up leaving the school and they're still together as far as I know.

I didn't want to know that.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk