I Know You Guys Like When There's a Picture - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I Know You Guys Like When There's a Picture

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Know You Guys Like When There's a Picture

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:17 pm

CNN.com wrote:CLINTON, South Carolina (AP) -- A middle school teacher accused of having sex with at least five boys -- some of them students at her school -- was arrested, authorities said.

Police began investigating Allenna Williams Ward, 23, after school officials recovered a note containing inappropriate messages, said Clinton Public Safety Director John Thomas.

Ward, who is married, had sexual encounters with the 14- and 15-year-old boys at various locations, including in the school, at a motel, in a park and behind a restaurant, from December to this month, according to arrest warrants.

Some of the victims were students at Ward's school, Thomas said.

Ward was placed on administrative leave with pay last Thursday, acting district Superintendent Laura Koskela said. A message left for the school's principal was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Ward was charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor and six counts of lewd acts on a minor, according to arrest warrants. She is being held in jail awaiting a bail hearing, police said.

A phone message left at Ward's home was not returned.

I thought these things were supposed to be worded as "alleged" and "purported" or otherwise. I didn't think they were actually allowed to say, "had sexual encounters with..."
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: I Know You Guys Like When There's a Picture

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:22 pm

StlSluggers wrote:I thought these things were supposed to be worded as "alleged" and "purported" or otherwise. I didn't think they were actually allowed to say, "had sexual encounters with..."

The important part is "according to police reports". If they are going to charge her with a crime, the report cannot read: "we think she did it". :-D

Anyway, yet another teacher sleeping with students. Maybe someone should keep a running count of these stories. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:23 pm

Could you imagine being the husbands of these women?

8-o
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby knapplc » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:37 pm

StlSluggers wrote:I thought these things were supposed to be worded as "alleged" and "purported" or otherwise. I didn't think they were actually allowed to say, "had sexual encounters with..."

That's presuming that CNN is still an unbiased reporter of news. News is no longer reported that way. CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC – all of these guys have resorted to the tabloid mentality and no longer can be counted upon to deliver news without slant or without salacious import. You have to mentally filter out the gossip parts and just look at the facts.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:39 pm

knapplc wrote:

That's presuming that CNN is still an unbiased reporter of news. News is no longer reported that way. CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC – all of these guys have resorted to the tabloid mentality and no longer can be counted upon to deliver news without slant or without salacious import. You have to mentally filter out the gossip parts and just look at the facts.

Maybe, but I thought you could be sued if you didn't specify that the people in the story had not yet been found guilty.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:46 pm

Another sad story...
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:47 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Could you imagine being the husbands of these women?

8-o

Pretty damaging to the old ego I would imagine. Your wife would rather be with a 14-year old than you? That's rough.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:09 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Maybe, but I thought you could be sued if you didn't specify that the people in the story had not yet been found guilty.

The article does state that, and it's in the very first line:

A middle school teacher accused of having sex with at least five boys

Also, scroll up more.

Madison wrote:

The important part is "according to police reports". If they are going to charge her with a crime, the report cannot read: "we think she did it". :-D

The are allowed to report what the police reports say.

;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:15 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Could you imagine being the husbands of these women?

8-o

PWNED!!! :-t

I would suspect that the 15 year old victims are the hit of the boys room @ school though... "hey Beavis...did you say teacher? heh heh heh"
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:16 pm

I know what you're saying, Mad, but I think what has me baffled is this paragraph:

Ward, who is married, had sexual encounters with the 14- and 15-year-old boys at various locations, including in the school, at a motel, in a park and behind a restaurant, from December to this month, according to arrest warrants.

Generally, I would have expected it to have said, "Ward, who is married, is accused of having sexual encounters..."

I mean, that's how I would write it. If taken out of context, that paragraph could been seen as an assertion of fact, and that could lead to legal problems. But I guess the "according to arrest warrants" is sufficient enough.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk