Virginia - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Virginia

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

She's exicited about it and is trying to learn the rules of football. My nephew's a little guy so I told him to try to be a point guard.

Anybody know if there is a law in Virginia that you have to own a gun?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:32 am

Wow. I can see your concern. Canada to the US? Has she lived in Canada her entire life?

Practical stuff.........people are not nearly as peaceful and laid back here. If she does or says something that upsets someone, they will make sure she's aware of it, and they generally won't be nice about it in the least. If what she believes that what she said or did is correct, then she's got to be able to stand up to that person.

Pay attention to everyone and everything around her. Always lock your doors. Be it a house, car, whatever. Always keep them locked, even while driving. If she worries about something happening, odds are that crooks have already thought about it as well, and it's always best to be safe rather than sorry.

If someone points a gun at her, do what they say. I normally wouldn't give that advice, as the majority of robbers are wimps and there are other ways of handling it, but in her case, do what they say and file a police report ASAP with as much info as possible.

Basically, she just needs to understand that the US is more "raw". Shootings are common, robberies are common, etc. Of course, there are good people here who wouldn't hurt a fly, but the percentage of those kinds of people are much smaller here in the states.

Best of luck to your sister Mook. If you guys need anything, feel free to ask. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

Thanks Mad. I'm not kidding when I say that they're nervous. About the move and not about the people, she says that everybody she's met has been great. They're going to buy her a 5 bedroom house and basically drove her around a nice neighbourhood and told her to pick. :-°

I told them that I'm buying them bullet-proof shirts as going away presents.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby nsulham » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:21 pm

I like the shirt Mook ;-D
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mugrila » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:23 pm

I don't.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby nsulham » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:37 pm

Mugrila wrote:I don't.

Nobody asked you ;-)
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:51 pm

Mad, you basically made America sound like a 3rd world country! 8-o

Is it that bad? I've lived in Texas/Oklahoma all my life and have never been robbed, held up, shot at, stabbed, etc or even felt very threatened. Granted I do lock my doors at all time, but that's out of habit more than anything.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:15 pm

slomo007 wrote:Mad, you basically made America sound like a 3rd world country! 8-o

Is it that bad? I've lived in Texas/Oklahoma all my life and have never been robbed, held up, shot at, stabbed, etc or even felt very threatened. Granted I do lock my doors at all time, but that's out of habit more than anything.

What makes it sound like a third world country? :-?

Let's see.....haven't been robbed, but there were attempts, so that would count, yes? I have been shot at, seen people shoot someone, and watched people die at the hands of another. I cannot say I've been stabbed, but I have been cut by a knife held by someone who was trying to kill me, so that counts too, yes?

So yes, the real world is not all peachy-keen as some would like to believe. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:43 pm

Just tell your sister to stay out of southern Richmond and most of downtown Richmond and she should be fairly safe. ;-D And tell her not to worry when after living in Richmond for a few months, if she has not figured out I-95, as that is one tricky road. :-°
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:52 pm

Madison wrote:[Let's see.....haven't been robbed, but there were attempts, so that would count, yes? I have been shot at, seen people shoot someone, and watched people die at the hands of another. I cannot say I've been stabbed, but I have been cut by a knife held by someone who was trying to kill me, so that counts too, yes?
Mad you can't count your ex-wife. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk