Losses as a Way to Stop Churning - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Losses as a Way to Stop Churning

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Trojan Pony » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:31 pm

fbc_fan wrote:i've had a 40-50 transactions limit for the last two years in my league. it seemed to stop churning, but then again i play with managers who frown on churning in general, so take that for what its worth. a weekly IP limit would also do the trick.

i also like having a 40 or 50 move limit. it prevents churning without really devaluing SP's or hampering manager strategy.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:24 pm

TheRock wrote:
ironman wrote:I'd personally start with a transactions limit to curb churning first before tinkering with the scoring format. But if need be, I'd replace K's with K/9 before I would add losses. If you add losses as a cat, what do you plan on adding on the hitting side? That is unless you're cool with playing a 5x6 format.

Replacing K with K/9 just makes SP obsolete. Throw all relievers and you win S, ERA, WHIP, and K/9.

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that it should be coupled with a suitable minimum IP limit to curb RP hording.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby upyourstats » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:40 am

The only categories you will win consistently are wins and k's so I don't see what the big deal is.
upyourstats
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ender » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:00 am

Well if you spend your first 15 picks on hitters and closers you should win W's, K's, SV's and 3-4 offensive cats most week.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Amazinz » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:53 am

I am not a fan of Losses in Roto but I think they work pretty well in H2H. In the 7x7 H2H league I play in we use W, L, ERA, WHIP, K/9, SV, HLD with a 30 IP weekly minimum. Maybe not for everyone but it has been very effective and I really enjoy it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers