Let's go already! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Leftovers League

Let's go already!

Moderator: rotoquest

Let's go already!

Postby TheRock » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm

Ok, I'm actually jumping the gun by a few hours, but dang it we've waited long enough.

League members for the 2007 season will be:

1. seancasey21
2. williesd
3. mbuser
4. GIANTbeerdog
5. oscar15
6. thomasps3
7. TheRock
8. Old_Style
9. Snakes Gould
10. CheeseBeger
11. RugbyD (waiting confirmation) confirmed
12. johnsamo (waiting confirmation) confirmed

Here's how we'll proceed. Mark your calendars.

March 2: I'll ask Madison or some other well-known Cafe figure to post a random ordering of the numbers 1-12. We'll match that to the list above to determine draft order for round 0, where we will choose the draft order.

March 5: (Monday) We will begin round 0, right here. The thread's already set up, I'll fill in the order later. For this round, we will observe a 24 hour time limit. Feel free to use less than that. I'd like to have this one round wrapped up by the end of the week, can't imagine it will take that long.

March 12:(the next Monday) We will begin the actual draft. Provided the site is set up by then, we will use a private room at http://www.couchmanagers.com. Results will be copied back here, and I will keep a list of players taken, overall pick list, rosters, etc. Might recruit some help for that. You can all do your own rosters.

A few things to know about couchmanagers if you've not tried it out yet. It will save us countless hours. There is a queue, just like with Yahoo's draft room so you can set a short list of the guys you're eyeing next. There is a setting you can turn on to automatically select the next guy in your queue when it is your turn. If your queue is empty it will wait for you to pick manually. There is a built in 12 hour time limit per pick. If you go over your time limit, it will select, in order; the next guy from your queue, the next guy in your custom rankings, or the next guy in the default rankings that fits your roster. The default rankings are kinda sketchy, so plan on spending a little bit of time re-ranking players. Oh, and if you ever completely miss (go over time), it will set your team to auto and you cannot turn it off. So be aware of that. Not the end of the world, you just have to make sure you always keep a few guys in your queue. And it won't let you pick someone who's already been drafted, so we won't have to deal with that.

The custom rosters and private league features aren't ready yet, but I've been talking with the guy for a couple of weeks now and he planned to have them ready today or tomorrow. If for whatever reason we aren't able to make couchmanagers work for us, we will still have time to do it the old fashioned way.

I've PM'd a couple guys I haven't heard from in a few days, and will get PMs out to the new guys this evening. Hopefully everyone can check in by next Monday and we'll get going.

If there are questions, problems, you'll be out of town, you don't like SnakesGould, whatever, post them here or PM me.

Should be a great year! ;-D
Last edited by TheRock on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mbuser » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:17 pm

"Oh, and if you ever completely miss (go over time), it will set your team to auto and you cannot turn it off."

i may be reading it wrong so i just wanted to confirm ... if our time expires for any of our picks during the draft, we are locked in to autopick for the rest of the draft?
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TheRock » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:32 pm

mbuser wrote:"Oh, and if you ever completely miss (go over time), it will set your team to auto and you cannot turn it off."

i may be reading it wrong so i just wanted to confirm ... if our time expires for any of our picks during the draft, we are locked in to autopick for the rest of the draft?

Exactly. You can still set your queue, order your rankings, etc, but it will not wait for you ever again. I've asked for the ability to override that, as I know sometimes things come up. Last year someone had a family emergency, I think we had someone in the hospital, etc. If we can get it reset for cases like that we will.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GIANTbeerdog » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:57 am

Sweet - Good Job Rock!

Looking forward to getting this thing on..... B-)
GIANTbeerdog
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Re: Let's go already!

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:46 am

TheRock wrote:If there are questions, problems, you'll be out of town, you don't like SnakesGould, whatever, post them here or PM me.

8-o :,-(

:-b

1 more question...theres a 12 hr time limit, but what about overnight hours...that could be very tough. someone might go to sleep early one night and boom they're autopicked forever? thats risky business.

and is the yahoo league setup yet?
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Re: Let's go already!

Postby TheRock » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:59 am

Snakes Gould wrote:1 more question...theres a 12 hr time limit, but what about overnight hours...that could be very tough. someone might go to sleep early one night and boom they're autopicked forever? thats risky business.

Our good friend, the auto queue. If your pick is fast approaching, put your top few (however many are needed based on how far out it is) in your queue. Wake up to welcome your newest pick to your roster.

I know sometimes it's hard to just queue up a few guys. Like if you're at the end of the round. You want one pitcher and one hitter. Well, not knowing who's going to be picked before you, you can't tell the queue to only grab one of each. I've also asked to be able to make picks for owners who leave instructions like that, not an available feature yet, but he's working on it.

and is the yahoo league setup yet?

Nope. Plenty of time for that.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Old_Style » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:50 am

I tried out couchmanager. I have no complaints about it, seems like a reliable place to conduct a draft. ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby oscar15 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:21 am

Everything sounds good to me. ;-D

We need to be aware if we are the first "private draft" on couchmanagers.com, or one of the first, some glitches might occur.

Rock has it covered by asking us to keep a copy of our roster here.

I'm looking to get out of the 2nd Division this year. :-[

To create a more positive atmosphere in my fictional clubhouse I am officially changing our team name from the Oscar Mayer Wieners to the Oscar Mayer Winners! ;-D

I’m trying this “Power of Positive Thinking” thing.

Norman Vincent Peale would be proud.
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 21)

Postby TheRock » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:32 pm

oscar15 wrote:Norman Vincent Peale would be proud.

We're all proud oscar.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CheeseBeger » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:47 pm

Are we going to be waiting until Monday the 12th, even if we finish "Round 0" in the next 2-3 days?
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Leftovers League