Some advice would be great.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Some advice would be great....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Some advice would be great....

Postby Jason1979 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:58 pm

Hey,some advice on my team would be appreciated,it was an auto draft,12 team rotisserie public leage on yahoo.....and i should mention that i have a trade pending where im giving josh johnson for bobby jenks since i needed a closer......im dropping coco crisp for jacque jones......any opinions on those moves and anything else i should do would be a great help,ive played fantasy a few times before but havent played baseball in two years so im trying to get back into everything again.

C kenji johjima
1b justin morneau
2b chone figgins
3b ryan zimmerman
ss carlos guillen
of carlos lee
of jeff francouer
of coco crisp
util jeff kent
bn joe crede
ben mark teahen
bn placido polanco
bn milton bradley
bn mark loretta

sp johan santana
sp carlos zambrano
rp josh johnson
rp clay hensley
p brett myers
p erik bedard
p derek lowe
Jason1979
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steeler31 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:05 pm

Infield looks decent, but you need some power in the OF. Getting Jones should help you there and if/when Teahen gets his OF eligibility, you should be set. I'd dump Loretta, Bradley and Polonco for some setup guys like Broxton, Neshek, Shield, Linebrink, Wainwright, Zumaya, etc. That should help address your RP weakness.

Can ya help me out?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=254011
steeler31
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jason1979 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:48 am

steeler31 wrote:Infield looks decent, but you need some power in the OF. Getting Jones should help you there and if/when Teahen gets his OF eligibility, you should be set. I'd dump Loretta, Bradley and Polonco for some setup guys like Broxton, Neshek, Shield, Linebrink, Wainwright, Zumaya, etc. That should help address your RP weakness.

Can ya help me out?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=254011

thanks for the advice,i'll look into those moves tomorrow.....its geting late and work is only six hours away so no time now at least....and after i make a few moves tomorrow i'll take a look at your roster and give you my thoughts.
Jason1979
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby godallahstar » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:07 am

i would agree,
dump loretta, polanco and bradley.
2 very top tier Relievers will provide you with a great ERA,
some wins, solid strikeouts and a good whip.

look around waivers,
see if any sleepers are available.

people like BJ Upton, Alex Gordon, Delmon Young,
you can always find a few guys on waivers who should easily be on someones roster.

maybe familiarize yourself with your team,
know what you are getting and what you have.
what you might need to look for.
be open to trading,
especially the people who could be overvalued
(Justin Morneau, Chone Figgins)

your team is pretty solid
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jason1979 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:37 am

I managed to pick up jacque jones...i have a trade pending for bobby jenks....and i just got offered francisco rodriguez for chone figgins....should i jump on that one or just hope i get jenks and pick up some free agents......i tried to get rodriguez in the draft but it didnt work out.
Jason1979
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CadensDad » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:51 am

Jason1979 wrote:I managed to pick up jacque jones...i have a trade pending for bobby jenks....and i just got offered francisco rodriguez for chone figgins....should i jump on that one or just hope i get jenks and pick up some free agents......i tried to get rodriguez in the draft but it didnt work out.

Yea K-Rod for Figgins is a no brainer, that will put you at the front of the Saves in the league easily, and you can grab some base stealers on the WW

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Some advice would be great....

Postby StinkyPete » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:22 am

Your infield is solid as hell but your Of lacks a stud. The Jones for Coco move was good, if you didn't grab Jones, someone else would have by the end of the week. Dump dead weight like Loretta, Bradley and Polanco. They are useless.

I'd grab some set-up men who could close down the road, maybe two of them, and use your last freed up spot for a potential strong rookie like Alex Gordon or Troy Tulowitzki if they are available. Delmon Young is a good one to check for as someone else mentioned.
StinkyPete
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby alec03 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:57 am

i would do both the krod and the jenks trades. you would be set at saves and probably ahead of the pack. you already have kent for a 2b so figgins only loses you SB. is chris duffy on your FA? if he is pick him up and loko at him for 35+ SB. i like your team especially after those trades.

help me out:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=254480
alec03
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team