2nd Year 5x5 Salary Dynasty League looking for new GMs... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

2nd Year 5x5 Salary Dynasty League looking for new GMs...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2nd Year 5x5 Salary Dynasty League looking for new GMs...

Postby Sultans of Squat » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:51 pm

The Baseball Confederacy League recently began its 2nd year and is looking for new, highly active, competitive GMs to take over 4 existing teams (out of 20).

It's an interesting, somewhat complex, traditional 5x5, salary, dynasty league (partially) run on CBS Sportsline (during the season) and uses tiered salary caps/market segments w/ somewhat different contract rules/incentives for each tier/market and an annual prospect draft for unclaimed/unowned prospects. We use 40-man roster (w/ anywhere from 10-20 spots for prospects) and do NOT rely on real life MLB contracts/salaries at all unlike many other dynasty leagues out there. There is a very modest $12 league fee for 2007 -- mainly for the cost of using CBS and for maintaining a traveling, championship plague/trophy.

If interested, please check the league forum site for details (eg. rules, league setup, etc) and fire me a PM or email or YIM me.

http://tbconfederacy.proboards49.com/index.cgi

[url=http://tbconfederacy.proboards49.com/index.cgi?board=available&action=display&thread=1162490439]The currently available teams are:

American League
Ann Arbor Addicts

National League
Running Red Devils
To Be Named
Metropolis Magicians - probably allowed 1 free drop

And you can click here to find more details about them.
[/url]

We recently completed our restricted FA process, and just went through our first big week of regular FA auctions. We just started our 2nd week of regular FA auctions, and there are still some very solid players available, including Michael Young, Pat Burrell and Huston Street for this week and Jhonny Peralta and Contreras for next week. But you'll need to act fast, if you wish to get a shot at most of them as bidding deadline for this week's batch of FAs is Thursday night (3/22) at 9pm EST. If needed, we could probably extend the deadline by 24 hours or so, but you'll still need to act fast if you want to be prepared to make good bids. Auctions are conducted blind w/ single silent bids made by interested GMs for posted FAs.

Again, please let me know asap if interested, especially if you want to get a shot at the remaining good FAs that are being auctioned this coming week. If you cannot find me fast enough, you're welcome to register to the league forum site and ask to join there -- please provide some info about yourself and your FBB experiences. Please also spend some time going thru the rules, including the various announcement posts that have some rules revisions/addendums that may not have been updated to the regular rules section yet.

Thanks for your interest...
Last edited by Sultans of Squat on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:17 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sultans of Squat » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:53 am

Bump...
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mjhdrew » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:51 pm

Can you mail me the details?

Thanks.

mailto:mjhdrew@hotmail.com
mjhdrew
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Sultans of Squat » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:40 pm

mjhdrew wrote:Can you mail me the details?

Thanks.

mailto:mjhdrew@hotmail.com

What details do you actually need? All the details should be available at the forum site link above. If you have specific questions, let me know. Otherwise, it's way too much to email you all the details. I've already given a summary description of the format above.

Thanks.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sultans of Squat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:45 pm

Updated.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

i'm interested!

Postby mrnas » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:21 pm

I'm interested in the league. It's exactly what I've been looking for.

How should I go about joining?

Are you guys very competitive?

How long has everyone been together?

Let me know.

David
mrnas
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Sultans of Squat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:46 pm

David,

What kind of FBB experiences do you have?

The league should be fairly competitive though we had an overhaul after the initial season, and replaced a handful of GMs along w/ an overhaul in the league office, some rule changes to improve the league and contracting 4 teams (out of the original 24), which was why we had a bunch of good-to-great FAs available (though most of them are gone now after the first week of auctions). Some of the new GMs are also active members of FBC, so I expect them to be quite competitive (as they seem to be so far). Hopefully, we will have stabilized going forward.

Anyway, if you're still interested, make sure you go through all the rules on the league site along w/ the handful of announcement posts that show various rule changes -- since we still haven't completely updated the official rules section just yet. If you have any specific questions, please ask, and I'll get back to you asap.

Let me know what kind of previous FBB experiences you've had. And then, you can register for an account on the league site and let us know which available team you're taking. Make sure you go thru your prefered team's roster and future salaries for the players too as some players may have long term contracts w/ substantial backloaded salaries. Please take your time to carefully consider the rules *and* the roster/salaries of your team choice before joining. Again, if you have questions, please do ask.

If you want, I can hold/reserve your preliminary team choice for ~24 hours until you've gone thru the rules and checked out all the details about your team choice. Normally, I'd like to give people more time than that, but we do have our 2nd week of auctions starting now, and would like to make sure a new GM has time to submit bids for the remaining good FAs available.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

experience

Postby mrnas » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:01 pm

I've been playing fantasy baseball for 15 years. I always do one AL-only and 1 NL-only, 10 teams per league. So the full MLB universe for a 20 team league is right up my alley. My concern is how into it everyone in the league will be, as well as if I am at a major disadvantage coming in, midway into the player acquisition process. What are your thoughts?
mrnas
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Sultans of Squat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:51 pm

That's good to hear. Have you done any salary and/or auction leagues before? Are you any good w/ a spreadsheet? :D Those things would probably help a lot.

If you look at the rosters for the 4 currently available teams, you should see that they already have some solid players on them. The Magicians and To Be Named also have enough available cap space to win another good FA or more. Certainly, they have enough to start off though the Magicians (and Addicts) have some nasty contract/salary issues a couple years into the future. Still, the Magicians are one of only 2 mega cap teams w/ a 124M cap this year (w/ 5M added every 2 years) while the other 18 teams consist of caps at 100M, 85M and 70M split up fairly evenly -- and I think we will probably allow a free player drop for the Magicians so you can free up some $$$ there. Both To Be Named and Running Red Devils are large cap 100M teams (while the Addicts are a mid cap 85M team). That does not mean the smaller cap teams are complete duds either -- for instance, I'm at 85M (well, actually 86.3M) and have a pretty solid, youthful, potential contender for 2007 (and onward) due in part to certain other benefits given mainly to the smaller cap teams.

Will you be at a disadvantage? Well, probably so, but that's probably to be expected when you take over someone else's team in a league that may well be very different from what you're used to. Nevertheless, both of those available teams have good potential, especially if you make the right moves and bid well in this week's auctions. Remember, we still have Michael Young, Pat Burrell, Huston Street and some other solid and/or serviceable regulars like Ryan Freel, Shea Hillenbrand and Mike Lowell to be auctioned this week. There are probably also a few decent RPs w/ potential closer upsides to be had too, which can make a difference when you need to spend $$$ wisely (and not always pay thru your nose for an established closer).

Also remember, this is a dynasty league, so even if you cannot rebuild the team quickly enough to contend this year, there's always next year...
Last edited by Sultans of Squat on Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sultans of Squat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:17 pm

Updated.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Classifieds