Rotoking dominated us - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rotoking dominated us

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:58 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:sounds like a popularity contest

Not really.. Coppermine's name is on that list. ;-7

In answer to Chad's question, Bleach and KC have both won prominent Cafe leagues in the past.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:00 pm

haha...well what about some new blood? }:-)
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby EugeneStyles » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:25 am

Kimchi is one of the other mods, he's already one of the 30+ people who got the original post and didn't reply.

Listen, I agree with you guys that it would be nice to nominate the "best and the brightest" to represent the Cafe, without regard to any favoritism or popularity contest, but until the Cafe has ladders and fantasy manager rankings and so on (if it ever does), there won't really be a good way to do that.

I'm considering trying to compile a list of Cafe League players this year and who wins and so on... and then using that to get at least 1 or 2 of the members for next year's forum challenge. There are some pros and cons to this. For one thing, this forum is a place where people get together to chat and strategize about fantasy baseball. It's not a ranking page for fantasy managers by any stretch, nor is it intended to be - nor would we want it to be if it were even possible. We have some leagues that include Cafe members or that are for Cafe members, but that's not the point of the site either. Even if there were (and there may be...) a fair way of picking our "best" or a fair sampling of those who might be among the best, it would have to not give unfair advantage to those who play *more* Cafe leagues at the expense of their other leagues. It should also give preference to those who contribute more to the Cafe, although sheer post count isn't a good measure either, nor is straight seniority.

As it was last year, we got contacted fairly late, and I personally got handed the job of fielding a team at pretty much the very last minute, and it was just something we did for the hell of it. It was barely an "official" Cafe team, other than the fact that one of the moderators (me) was in it, along with whatever other semi-reliable Cafers I could grab at the last minute. Sadly, it's only slightly more organized this year.

Anyway, that was a rather long-winded way of saying that I'm in the process of choosing the 4th member of the team, along with help from the other mods and the other team members. The first 3 members are EugeneStyles, Mugrila, and Pedantic.

Hopefully I won't piss off too many people. :-/
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby ayebatter » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:38 am

Me, I'm pissed :-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby Mugrila » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:00 am

Hope you guys don't mind me representing the Cafe. It sucks there isn't a better way to really know who the best option is. :-/
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Previous

Return to General Talk