Rotohog.com - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Rotohog.com

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RyanK » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:43 pm

it wont do anything after i click the join button...

someone invite me

mailto:rkeats13@yahoo.com

or ryank17 is my name on the site

thanks
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRock » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:02 pm

Can't find any info on the position eligibility requirements. Are players just stuck at their listed position?
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Grouperman941 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:27 pm

RotoHog wrote:Any batter can fill the Util position and any pitcher can fill the P position. Any batter or pitcher can fill the bench spots. Otherwise, only athletes that play a certain position for at least 20 games are eligible to start at that position.

That's the only info I have found regarding eligibility. I had e-mailed them mentioning certain players should be multi-position eligible and they said the database should be updated by the start of the season.

Otherwise. whatever position is listed, the player will be locked into during the draft. Maybe once the season starts, the other positions will show up(?).
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Super Manny » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:17 am

RyanK wrote:it wont do anything after i click the join button...

someone invite me

mailto:rkeats13@yahoo.com

Invitation sent! ;-D

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Super Manny » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:27 am

Moderators...

Why was this moved to the "Classifieds" section...? :-t

Another user started this thread WEEKS ago regarding the game itself, and the discussion and resulting interest ultimately led to me starting a group league for Cafe members. Despite this, the thread is still entirely applicable to Rotohog.com as a whole, and is NOT just a league solicitation.

FWIW, I have another thread here in the "Classifieds" specifically regarding the Cafe league. If at all possible, it'd be great if you could move this back to Leftovers. ;-D

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby TheRock » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:57 pm

So anyone draft yet? I have figured out more or less who I want but would like to see how drafts have been going so I know who to go after first. Like do I need to snatch up Kendrick for a buck with my first pick?

Anyone come up with any brilliant strategies yet? I did notice that the max IP is 1300. You'll never hit that with SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P without making several moves.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:40 am

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing....how the usual drafts go, whether people snach up those good buys first or if they go after the stud players with nice price tags....
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Grouperman941 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:43 am

TheRock wrote:So anyone draft yet? I have figured out more or less who I want but would like to see how drafts have been going so I know who to go after first. Like do I need to snatch up Kendrick for a buck with my first pick?

Anyone come up with any brilliant strategies yet? I did notice that the max IP is 1300. You'll never hit that with SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P without making several moves.

If you are drafting with me, you'll probably want to grab that Kendrick for $1. I will. :-) There are actually a ton of bargains like that.

I have done practice drafts going both ways -- bargains first and studs first -- and I end up with similar teams. I think drafting against real people will be different, though.

As far as P, I think to get the most points, you have to play the market a lot -- keep trading for high priced pitchers, who are starting with good matchups, and closers.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:15 am

Grouperman941 wrote:
TheRock wrote:So anyone draft yet? I have figured out more or less who I want but would like to see how drafts have been going so I know who to go after first. Like do I need to snatch up Kendrick for a buck with my first pick?

If you are drafting with me, you'll probably want to grab that Kendrick for $1. I will. :-) There are actually a ton of bargains like that.

I have done practice drafts going both ways -- bargains first and studs first -- and I end up with similar teams. I think drafting against real people will be different, though.

As far as P, I think to get the most points, you have to play the market a lot -- keep trading for high priced pitchers, who are starting with good matchups, and closers.

Yeah, the only thing that I liked about Smallworld more than that this league was that there was a limited amount of moves you could make a week, I think it was 3....

With this league, it just seems to promote mass buy/sell....
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby TheRock » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:41 am

That was a question I had that I hadn't found the answer to yet, is there any limit to buying and selling? A transaction fee? If there's not then I guess it doesn't much matter who you draft, you can just trade for whoever you want when the season starts.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds