Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Postby ironman » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:34 am

Did anyone watch this travesty of a game show last night? I came away with two things last night:

1) Where did they find these people?

2) Anyone that graduated from UCLA needs to give that douche on the show last night a severe beating.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby cordscords » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:39 am

It looked stupid, and I cant stand Foxworthy.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4343
(Past Year: 20)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tuff_gong » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:39 am

What gameshow are you referring to?
Image

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1483
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 14th and Ohio

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:47 am

Anyone who watches some Jeff Foxworthy gameshow about whether or not some adult is smarter than a 5th grader is probably the type of person for whom that question is somewhat in the air.

Also, I realize that most people who watch this show will do so to laugh at the idiots who can't answer 5th grade-level questions. I guess they don't fit into the above category...maybe.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:08 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Anyone who watches some Jeff Foxworthy gameshow about whether or not some adult is smarter than a 5th grader is probably the type of person for whom that question is somewhat in the air.
:-D :-D :-D Zing....
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby nsulham » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:20 pm

My girlfriend was all about watching this after Idol last night so I indulged her and watched the first five minutes. As soon as she didn't know the answer to what month Columbus Day is celebrated I turned the TV off and we went to bed.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:28 pm

nsulham wrote:My girlfriend was all about watching this after Idol last night so I indulged her and watched the first five minutes. As soon as she didn't know the answer to what month Columbus Day is celebrated I turned the TV off and we went to bed.

I have no idea what month Columbus Day is in, and I can't imagine why a kid would want or need know it.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:29 pm

Have to admit I had it on in the background. :-o

Really dumb people though. The first guy didn't even answer 1 single question correctly out of 4! 8-o He used the three (lifelines - whatever they are called on this show) and then quit after seeing the 4th question. :-b

The next lady at least got one right, but she didn't seem to be doing much better. :-o

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby nsulham » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:31 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
nsulham wrote:My girlfriend was all about watching this after Idol last night so I indulged her and watched the first five minutes. As soon as she didn't know the answer to what month Columbus Day is celebrated I turned the TV off and we went to bed.

I have no idea what month Columbus Day is in, and I can't imagine why a kid would want or need know it.


Seriously? It's October. It was like the $200 question so I figured it was pretty common knowledge.

Then again my birthday is the week before so maybe that's why I'm so familiar with it.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:38 pm

nsulham wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
nsulham wrote:My girlfriend was all about watching this after Idol last night so I indulged her and watched the first five minutes. As soon as she didn't know the answer to what month Columbus Day is celebrated I turned the TV off and we went to bed.

I have no idea what month Columbus Day is in, and I can't imagine why a kid would want or need know it.


Seriously? It's October. It was like the $200 question so I figured it was pretty common knowledge.

Then again my birthday is the week before so maybe that's why I'm so familiar with it.

I'm bad with obsure holidays. I generally don't even know if I have a work holiday coming until everybody at work starts saying, "Three day weekend!"
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daicekl, unioreimi and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Aug. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Houston at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Washington
(4:05 pm)
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact