Stereotypes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Stereotypes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:03 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I remember that episode too. But how can you remember that much about a particular episode and not know that the diner is called The Max?

I like to think of my memory as a room with loose papers being blown around by a giant fan. When I try to remember something, I start grabbing the papers until I have the ones I want... but sometimes I miss a few :-b

Any, that was the greatest show of my generation despite how unbelievably horrible it was. And I'll never forget it was called The Max(x) (now that I'm thinking about it, didn't it have two x's?)
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:05 pm

Yeah, I believe it did have two Xs.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:22 pm

While impressed with Cu's recollection, I have to ask:

What on earth did that have to do with this thread? :-S
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby ironman » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:45 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I remember that episode too. But how can you remember that much about a particular episode and not know that the diner is called The Max?

I like to think of my memory as a room with loose papers being blown around by a giant fan. When I try to remember something, I start grabbing the papers until I have the ones I want... but sometimes I miss a few :-b

Any, that was the greatest show of my generation despite how unbelievably horrible it was. And I'll never forget it was called The Max(x) (now that I'm thinking about it, didn't it have two x's?)

The show is still on TBS at the buttcrack of dawn. I watched one the other morning. It was the season they worked at Malibu Sands and Zack had a thing for Stacey Carosi, played by Leah Remini.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:50 pm

ironman wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

The show is still on TBS at the buttcrack of dawn. I watched one the other morning. It was the season they worked at Malibu Sands and Zack had a thing for Stacey Carosi, played by Leah Remini.

Who's on King of Queens now. ;-D

Remember when she used to look like this:

StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:03 pm

StlSluggers wrote:While impressed with Cu's recollection, I have to ask:

My perception was that Saved by the Bell was full of stereotypes. Not really the mean and nasty stereotypes we think of, but stereotypes nonetheless. The blonde-haired preppy in sweater vests, the awkward bookworm, the sexually ambiguous jock, the snooty rich girl, the hot chick, the pre-pubescent dweeb. Even the meddling principle. Saved by the Bell laid the foundation for the characters of high-school comedies and dramas for years to come.

And it was good, clean fun so why not? :*)
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:05 pm

Coppermine wrote:

My perception was that Saved by the Bell was full of stereotypes. Not really the mean and nasty stereotypes we think of, but stereotypes nonetheless. The blonde-haired preppy in sweater vests, the awkward bookworm, the sexually ambiguous jock, the snooty rich girl, the hot chick, the pre-pubescent dweeb. Even the meddling principle. Saved by the Bell laid the foundation for the characters of high-school comedies and dramas for years to come.

Don't forget the token black!

Sad, but true... :-/
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:23 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot Lisa was black.

The token black character will always be around for one reason or another, although I think Slater introduced the "token Hispanic guy."
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Old_Style » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:27 pm

Coppermine wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot Lisa was black.

The token black character will always be around for one reason or another, although I think Slater introduced the "token Hispanic guy."

Little known fact....AC Slater's full name is Albert Clifford Slater.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:37 pm

The best old show for stereotypes was Barney Miller.

Wojciehowicz was the big dumb Polish cop.
Harris was the lazy but very cool and stylish black cop.
Yamana was the Japanese cop who was smart but ate weird food and had strange customs.
Fish was the Jewish cop who complained all the time.
Dietrich the very cold logical German cop.

I loved that show. Sometimes out of nowhere the theme song starts playing in my head.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk