Crawford Uber stud this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Crawford Uber stud this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Steve-o » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:11 am

Ender wrote:There is no way Crawford only has 55 RBI. The past 2 years he's had 81 and 77. Last year he had 176 R+RBI. Reyes had 203. Crawford is more of a lock for a high average and most likely will beat Reyes in HR's. I think they are relatively close in value myself.

I think he means 55 SB with 75 RBI and 100 R.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:14 am

Steve-o wrote:
Ender wrote:There is no way Crawford only has 55 RBI. The past 2 years he's had 81 and 77. Last year he had 176 R+RBI. Reyes had 203. Crawford is more of a lock for a high average and most likely will beat Reyes in HR's. I think they are relatively close in value myself.

I think he means 55 SB with 75 RBI and 100 R.

Oops you are correct... he wrote them in sort of a strange order, heh, totally missed that 75.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:16 am

Define 'uber'. I see 105 runs, 22 HR's, 88 RBI's, 53 SB's, .304
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby hot4tx » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:45 pm

One thing that I've seen sites neglect when touting Crawford's power trending up as he hits 27 is that many hitters not only gain power, but lose SBs as they get older and larger. Also guys in better lineups don't run quite as often. If Gomes, Delmon and Co live up to expectations he may not get the green light quite as much. So saying Crawford is a lock for 50+SBs in 2007 and beyond may be a little short-sited.

That said I still think there still is a very good chance (just not a lock) he'll get 50+ SBs and would be more than happy to grab him late 1st/ early 2nd in my 12-team 5x5 league.

Just wanted to throw that in there... that if we project increased HR's we need to project decreasing SBs too.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby JoshExley » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:21 pm

hot4tx wrote:One thing that I've seen sites neglect when touting Crawford's power trending up as he hits 27 is that many hitters not only gain power, but lose SBs as they get older and larger. Also guys in better lineups don't run quite as often. If Gomes, Delmon and Co live up to expectations he may not get the green light quite as much. So saying Crawford is a lock for 50+SBs in 2007 and beyond may be a little short-sited.

That said I still think there still is a very good chance (just not a lock) he'll get 50+ SBs and would be more than happy to grab him late 1st/ early 2nd in my 12-team 5x5 league.

Just wanted to throw that in there... that if we project increased HR's we need to project decreasing SBs too.

No wonder Ricky Henderson and Vince Coleman were limited to only 100 SBs a year. ;-)
Good point, but Crawford is SUPER FAST. If the guy can run, he's gonna steal, regardless if he has Pujols, Ryan Howard, and Manny Ramirez hitting behind him.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby casem2k2 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:27 pm

I think Crawford can easily hit 20 HR and get 60 SB. You all under estimate the DRAYS line-up. If their line-up stays healthy all season he will get over 100 Runs.
casem2k2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:39 pm

I think CC is going to have more RBI than runs this year if he stays 3rd in the order and Rocco and DY are 1-2 like they are supposed to. My projection is high, but i think he does it

.315 22HR 110 RBI 105 R 55 SB
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby T-Bird 93 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:42 am

Anyone else think Crawford can reach 100 rbi's this year, assuming he stays in the 3-hole? I believe he would qualify as "uber" if that happens.
T-Bird 93
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:49 am

T-Bird 93 wrote:Anyone else think Crawford can reach 100 rbi's this year, assuming he stays in the 3-hole? I believe he would qualify as "uber" if that happens.

Yes, i think at the 3 he will get between 100-115
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby willy-t » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 am

i dont see anyway he bats in a position in the lineup where he can get 100RBIs and 55SBs, unless he bats leadoff and cleanup. I love crawford though, I'll take him in a heartbeat if I pick between 6 and 10 and he's available. Love having those pesky SBs taken care of by a guy who you haven;t got to carry in terms of HR and RBI.[/i]
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers