General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:36 pm

Let the White Stripes jokes begin... :-D

And you can go to jail for that? 8-o
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fireball Express » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:46 pm

Last time I mentioned something about sexual relations with your own sister I got Yellow Carded.

There is no way that incest should be legal. Babies don't deserve to be born with birth defects as a result as such acts. I'm taken back by the fact that France, Belgium and the Netherlands permit such acts. I don't think they can be considered "forward thinking" societies when there laws allow for such "backwards" acts.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:55 pm

Fireball Express wrote:Last time I mentioned something about sexual relations with your own sister I got Yellow Carded.

There is no way that incest should be legal. Babies don't deserve to be born with birth defects as a result as such acts. I'm taken back by the fact that France, Belgium and the Netherlands permit such acts. I don't think they can be considered "forward thinking" societies when there laws allow for such "backwards" acts.

I assume you are also against Gay Marriage right?

Either way, though I think it's totally gross :-P I can see cases where siblings can fall in love with each other and it's totally reasonable(such as in this case where they don't live together in their childhood). And the act of incest generally(aside from grossing out people) doesn't harm the society.

As to the birth defect. Isn't it that only 25% of those kids have birth defects?

I'll go puke now. BRB :-P
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:57 pm

Dumb question here, but I'm sure it will spark debate :-D , but how is this any different than allowing gay marriage?

What I mean is forget they have the same parents (just like forgetting that two gays are of the same sex), and you've got two people who love each other, want to be together, and want it recognized (or not illegal). How is a brother and sister, or sister and sister, or brother and brother, any different than allowing gay marriage in that aspect? Probably was the reasoning behind why this happened.

Are there studies that prove 100% that incest breeds birth defects at an abnormally high rate? Forgive me as incest isn't anything I have extensive knowledge about, as I've never cared to study it at all, but if there are no conclusive studies done, then I'd like to hear discussion on how these two things are any different.

Personally, I don't think either (gay marriage or incest marriage) should be legal, but a ton of people have campaigned for gay marriage, so let's hear how this isn't the same thing.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:08 pm

Madison wrote:Dumb question here, but I'm sure it will spark debate :-D , but how is this any different than allowing gay marriage?

What I mean is forget they have the same parents (just like forgetting that two gays are of the same sex), and you've got two people who love each other, want to be together, and want it recognized (or not illegal). How is a brother and sister, or sister and sister, or brother and brother, any different than allowing gay marriage in that aspect? Probably was the reasoning behind why this happened.

Are there studies that prove 100% that incest breeds birth defects at an abnormally high rate? Forgive me as incest isn't anything I have extensive knowledge about, as I've never cared to study it at all, but if there are no conclusive studies done, then I'd like to hear discussion on how these two things are any different.

Personally, I don't think either (gay marriage or incest marriage) should be legal, but a ton of people have campaigned for gay marriage, so let's hear how this isn't the same thing.

This is Mad, this is
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:12 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Madison wrote:Dumb question here, but I'm sure it will spark debate :-D , but how is this any different than allowing gay marriage?

This is Mad, this is

Feel free to explain then. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:14 pm

Madison wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

This is Mad, this is

Feel free to explain then. ;-D

I meant to say I agree with you that's 2 very similar issues

my bad
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:46 pm

If practiced between consenting adults, I see no problem whatsoever with incest and I would argue that it should be legal. Also, the "babies from incestual parents will have birth defects argument" has basically been debunked. A baby born to a 40 year old woman is more likely to be defective than a baby born to 25 year old siblings.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:57 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:If practiced between consenting adults, I see no problem whatsoever with incest and I would argue that it should be legal. Also, the "babies from incestual parents will have birth defects argument" has basically been debunked. A baby born to a 40 year old woman is more likely to be defective than a baby born to 25 year old siblings.

I'd like to hear more for this, you have the info handy?
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk