RATE MY TEAM WHIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

RATE MY TEAM WHIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RATE MY TEAM WHIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby jbauer2485 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:06 pm

12 team roto - Guys in the draft said they didn't like my team, specifically, it was "weak offensively."

I disagree, completely. What do you think?

C - Piazza
1b - Lee
2b - Utley
3b - Zimmerman
SS - Lopez
OF - Sizemore
OF - Holliday
OF - Hunter
Util - Laroche
BN - Tracy
BN - Teahen

SP - Lackey
SP - CC Sabathia
SP - Haren
RP - Rivera
RP - Valverde
P - Lowe
P - Chuck James
BN - Patterson
BN - Mike Gonzalez
BN - Igawa
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby willmingtownave » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:14 pm

It depends on your preferences and I really like certain players on your team such as Lee and Holliday, both of whom I feel will be first round picks next year. I don't understand why Holliday isn't this year. He will give you a statline like: .315 35 115 115 12. Lee should return to the way he was 2 years ago. LaRoche is a quality player and Sizemore could be huge this year. However I love Mark Teahen. Offensively I like a lot of your players. If anything I think your pitching is weak, because I don't particuarly care for Lackey or Sabbathia. haren is solid, but Igawa isn't going to be anything special, James isn't ready, and Patterson is a huge injury risk. Love your offense, but you could improve your pitching a bit. BTW Gonzalez is not the closer.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=253851
willmingtownave
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jbauer2485 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:25 pm

willmingtownave wrote:It depends on your preferences and I really like certain players on your team such as Lee and Holliday, both of whom I feel will be first round picks next year. I don't understand why Holliday isn't this year. He will give you a statline like: .315 35 115 115 12. Lee should return to the way he was 2 years ago. LaRoche is a quality player and Sizemore could be huge this year. However I love Mark Teahen. Offensively I like a lot of your players. If anything I think your pitching is weak, because I don't particuarly care for Lackey or Sabbathia. haren is solid, but Igawa isn't going to be anything special, James isn't ready, and Patterson is a huge injury risk. Love your offense, but you could improve your pitching a bit. BTW Gonzalez is not the closer.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=253851

Don't really understand how Haren is solid but CC and Lackey aren't...

Plus I drafted Gonzalez last and he has the chance of closing if Wickman explodes.
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Elsy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:32 pm

You have a few really good hitters and pitchers and one good closer. The oteher closer, Valverde i wouldn't bet on to be anything special. You are weak tho in qutie a few areas. C, 3rd, bench players on offense I don't see helping you out too much. Rest of infield is solid and OF should be ok. SP is suspect aswell, while Lackey and CC are good they are not studs, not one of your pitchers is a stud and you should always try to get atleast one. You may be ok if Igawa and Haren both have really good years but I would try to move one of your offensive guys, like Holliday, don't think he will repeat what he did last and if he gets off to a slow start he will lose all value. Try moving him for a really good SP to help your rotation. IF you don't feel like doing that you maybe able to get a Burnett, Beckett at a pretty good price; both of whom I expect really good years out of.
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)

Postby willmingtownave » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:37 pm

For draft position, ie: in my league Haren went in the 13-14th round and Sabbathia/Lackey went like 7-8. They are pretty similar, but I depends where you get them in the draft. CC's weight issues scare me though...
willmingtownave
College Coach
College Coach

Postby joselnceldran » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:48 pm

SP is good, i mean not great but enough to get by, patterson is a major injury risk. Lackey, CC, Haren are all solid but none are spectacular, none are top 5. James is ok and adds dephth to te SP position. Offense, just like the SP is ok, again not great but ok. Lee, Holliday, sizemore and Utley will be great, score lotsa runs, great BA but power isnt really there (except for holliday and depending on Lee). But overall team is good enough to win but not so sure win it all.

help:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=253816
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team