18-team h2h league, what you think - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

18-team h2h league, what you think

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

18-team h2h league, what you think

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:34 pm

C-Martin
1b-Laroche
2b-B. Rob
3b-A. Gordon
SS-T. Tulowiski
LF-Manny
CF-Damon
RF-Francouer
UTL-Pronk
BN: Victorino, Freel

SP-Cain, Zito, Snell, Harden, Bailey
RP-Putz, Lidge, Torres
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 3685)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BooksRnot4U » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:24 pm

You never stated categories or if its a keeper league so I'm going to assume 5x5 non-keeper

I really like the youth and in a keeper league this is a top 3 team in 2 years but I don't want to make assumptions so lets just start and see what you have.

Martin is the second best base stealing catcher behind Kendall except power is existent. I beleive you can expect 13-63-9 if he has the year everyone expects.

I like Brian Roberts and I heard a comment somewhere on these forums of B. Rob being the Ben Sheets of the offense and though I beleive that title goes to Griffey Junior of last year and the year before I can easily see where he is coming from. With an in my opinion improved lineup a hike in runs is imaginable and I expect 15-70-40 is a nice possibilty.

Alex Gordon - Well probably the worst position to play if you are on the royals because it is the only deep position they have. 3 people vying for the spot and although Teahan will most likely get the OF if something crazy happens Gordon's value drops instantly. Either way I don't expect that to happen and I beleive he will get a full season of work in around 450 AB with 20-80-.290 a decent possibilty. Again built for the future.

Troy Tulowitzki - Wow this helps your team if he lives up to the hype. If not then well... I would start trying to get a decent backup like Ocab just in case he doesn't live up to the hype. Very young and not the speedster you would like to see from your SS. Reminds me of a better Ben Zobrist in a way. 10-60-10 is nice but from your starting SS you might want a little better or at least some insurance.

Manny Ramirez - Well Manny is Manny consistent 35-110-.290 is in order again this year I beleive. Nice pickup but I'm not exactly sure what round/pick so I can't make that judgment in full. Maybe not built for the future but I beleive 2-3 30-100-.280 seasons in him is a possibilty.

Johnny Damon - Just keep gathering up Red Sox ((ex Red sox fine)) but expect 20-80 from him like he does most years

Jeff Francouer - Again young but I never really was hot on him from the start but thats just personal bias for whatever reason. Will be a great power hitter in the future and will be something like nick swisher with a better BA in a few years but for now 25-85-.270 which isn't bad but could be worse/better.

Victorino/Freel - Victorino will most likely be platooning so that lowers his value but the bench speed is good with both of these guys and 60 SB seem good

Your pitching again is young but also pretty prone to sucking or prone to greatness. Cain had a decent year last year and though I beleive he will improve he could fall and be a Daniel Cabrera look alike. Very young with Harden/Bailey/Snell and Zito is in his prime though him toying with his delivery could prove hurtful to him.

I do like your CL though I must admit. There is nothing to really say that Tores won't be good for 1-3 years at CL and I beleive on that upgraded team expect about 30SV/3.60 ERA/1.30 WHIP and kinda reminds me of an older Brian Fuentes. I beleive Lidge will have a bounce back season though he has Qualls/Wheeler/ and possibily Fernando Nieve breathing down his neck if he screws up for even a good part of the season. I beleive he keeps the job and gets 35SV/4.00ERA/1.40 WHIP not really what you want from your "ace" closer but it gets the job done... kinda... And then there's Putz who most likely will not replicate what they did last year but I beleive that he could have a good/great year though his team hurts/ 32-37SV/2.90-3.40 ERA/1.10-1.35 WHIP/and then he is a K beast but the protection of Soriano as the setup man is also gone so he doesn't have him breathing down his neck BUT.... the protection is gone so it kinda hurts what he will produce IMO.

I beleive this especially in a keeper league is a great team. For now its between 5th-10th in the league but in the future that could skyrocket to around 1st-3rd

Thanks to Alec03 for the awesome sig
BooksRnot4U
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team