RHP Dustin Hermanson (re-signed)
OF Jeffrey Hammonds (re-signed
OF Michael Tucker (Royals)
RHP Matt Herges (re-signed)
1B J.T. Snow (re-signed)
LHP Scott Eyre (re-signed)
RHP Brett Tomko (Cardinals)

Player lost

SS Rich Aurilia(Team declined arbitration)(Mariners)
RHP Sidney Ponson (Team declined arbitration)(O's)
RHP Tim Worrell (Team declined arbitration) (Phillies)
OF Marvin Benard (Team declined arbitration)
OF Jose Cruz Jr. (Team declined arbitration) (D-Rays)
1B Andres Galarraga (Team declined arbitration)
C Benito Santiago (Team declined arbitration) (Royals)
2B Eric Young (Team declined arbitration) (Rangers)

Players traded

RHP Joe Nathan
RHP Boof Bonser
LHP Francisco Liriano

Acquired via trade

C A.J. Pierzynski (Twins)
OF Dustan Mohr (Twins)

I'll be updateing this ;-D
Last edited by eftda on Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:02 pm

That doesn't look like a list of roster moves from a team that is trying to get much better. There will be some additions but how big will they be?
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 473)

Postby eftda » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:12 pm

BigLebowski wrote:That doesn't look like a list of roster moves from a team that is trying to get much better. There will be some additions but how big will they be?

well the Giants are looing to sign Vlad. But thngs go slow untill somone is traded (like Tino) then things get busy!
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Off Season moves

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:06 am

eftda wrote:
ESPN wrote:Player signed

C Alberto Castillo (re-signed)

I guess this mean Yorvett is gone .......i just hope he don't end up on the Northside....... :-P
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Off Season moves

Postby wrveres » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:25 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:
eftda wrote:
ESPN wrote:Player signed

C Alberto Castillo (re-signed)

I guess this mean Yorvett is gone .......i just hope he don't end up on the Northside....... :-P

yep, that sucks. Yorvett should of had that job.
When he gets traded, ( I still can't figure why) hopefully he will be starting. I see him being in a package for Sexson, or a RF.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby eftda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:29 am

updated 12-8-03 ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eftda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:32 am

wrveres helped with some info ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Padres19 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:06 pm

As a Padre fan, that is very good news. The 6 you resigned are nothing to be excited about. I think you need to add Kurt Ainsworth and Damion Moss to that list as well, they were traded to the O's for Ponson. The guys you are letting go are old, but helped this team get to the playoffs. As for signing Vlad, where did you get the source that the Giants were interested?

Here is a list from espn insider of guys the Giants are looking for as replacements:

Jose Guillen, Sterling Hitchcock, Jeromy Burnitz, Mike Cameron, Todd Walker, Rafael Palmeiro and Jeff Suppan

However each of these guys have about 4-5 other teams considering them as well.
[list]Classic Jerry Colmanisms
[*]"Montreal leads Atlanta by three, 5-1."
[*]"They throw Winfield out at second, but he's safe."
[*]"Johnny Grubb slides into second with a standup double."[/list:u]
Padres19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby eftda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:13 pm

Padres19 wrote:As a Padre fan, that is very good news. The 6 you resigned are nothing to be excited about. I think you need to add Kurt Ainsworth and Damion Moss to that list as well, they were traded to the O's for Ponson. The guys you are letting go are old, but helped this team get to the playoffs. As for signing Vlad, where did you get the source that the Giants were interested?

Here is a list from espn insider of guys the Giants are looking for as replacements:

Jose Guillen, Sterling Hitchcock, Jeromy Burnitz, Mike Cameron, Todd Walker, Rafael Palmeiro and Jeff Suppan

well, Padres19... The Giants GM thought that Ponson could help the Giants make it back to the world series... Kurt had alot of arm troubles and Moss couldn't find home plate... The Giants knew what they were doing when they traded them... I thought that everyone knew that the Ginats were after Vlad, he did say he is thinking Orange and Black :-D (yes it was a joke for all you plain stiffs out there!)... back to Ponson; he wasn't 'all that' in the NL so the Giants are now looking for a diff pitcher... cant blame them for giving up two horrible pitchers for a guy who could help in the playoffs. ;-D

Oh, and dont look into that ESPN thing... just because they say that the Giants are looking at someone doesn't mean that they are... ESPN also said that the Giants were done for in 2002 and they made it all the way to the World Series(something the padres haven't dont since 98)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:23 pm

eftda wrote:
Padres19 wrote:As a Padre fan, that is very good news. The 6 you resigned are nothing to be excited about. I think you need to add Kurt Ainsworth and Damion Moss to that list as well, they were traded to the O's for Ponson. The guys you are letting go are old, but helped this team get to the playoffs. As for signing Vlad, where did you get the source that the Giants were interested?

well, Padres19... The Giants GM thought that Ponson could help the Giants make it back to the world series... Kurt had alot of arm troubles and Moss couldn't find home plate... The Giants knew what they were doing when they traded them... I thought that everyone knew that the Ginats were after Vlad, he did say he is thinking Orange and Black :-D (yes it was a joke for all you plain stiffs out there!)... back to Ponson; he wasn't 'all that' in the NL so the Giants are now looking for a diff pitcher... cant blame them for giving up two horrible pitchers for a guy who could help in the playoffs. ;-D

Oh, and dont look into that ESPN thing... just because they say that the Giants are looking at someone doesn't mean that they are... ESPN also said that the Giants were done for in 2002 and they made it all the way to the World Series(something the padres haven't dont since 98)

I still get such a giggle to this day...

sucks too cus he got it rite the other 50 times .....

It just looks so Funny, Giants yo Ginats ...
they go from a Giant to a gnat with one typo ... :-)

J/k eftda ....

seriouslly ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Next

Return to San Francisco Giants