Bad news for the Mets.............. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bad news for the Mets..............

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Broncmet724 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:57 pm

I had the impression that the erst of the Mets fans did when I heard Mo was back. However, it is my understanding that he is coming back for insurance purposes. If he can't make the team, insurance kicks in. And I doubt he will physically be able to perform.

However, Mo was one of my favorite baseball players of recent memory. It just looked like it hurt when he hit the ball a few years ago.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:19 pm

Broncmet724 wrote:I had the impression that the erst of the Mets fans did when I heard Mo was back. However, it is my understanding that he is coming back for insurance purposes. If he can't make the team, insurance kicks in. And I doubt he will physically be able to perform.

However, Mo was one of my favorite baseball players of recent memory. It just looked like it hurt when he hit the ball a few years ago.

He used to be my favourite when he was with Boston, I had all his baseball cards. My dad always made fun of him saying he looked like a water buffalo.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:10 pm

This post reminded me of Steve Somers, a nice, albeit monotone host on WFAN in NY. He has tidy little tidbits for many players and he has been saying that the Mets are going to keep Mo around for next year to cover the field with him during rain delays. :-D

If that happens, does insurance still cover his salary? :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers