Bad news for the Mets.............. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bad news for the Mets..............

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eftda » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:36 pm

mo is around DEAD last on who to draft next year, he is after marvin bernard
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Erboes » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:50 pm

From the bottom of my heart, I mean it when I say it is a sad day when a New York team is binded financially. Good golly, I thought it was in the Constitution that NY teams can sign any damn player they pleased? So what if they made one of the worst trades in the history of sports when they got Vaughn? Why should they have to suffer for it? What is this country coming to?
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:57 pm

Erboes wrote:From the bottom of my heart, I mean it when I say it is a sad day when a New York team is binded financially. Good golly, I thought it was in the Constitution that NY teams can sign any damn player they pleased? So what if they made one of the worst trades in the history of sports when they got Vaughn? Why should they have to suffer for it? What is this country coming to?

Actually, Appier didn't do well on the angels (actually, i don't think he pitched at all, but i can't remember off the top of my head) so it's not as bad as you think. The angels side sucked, and the mets side makes me want to ... kill steve "..." phillips!

hey, when was the last time you heard "kill" and "steve" without the word "bartman" in the sentence? :D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Erboes » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:11 pm

I wouldn't call the Angels side as a "suck". They won a championship which they propably wouldn't have won with Mo poisoning the clubhouse and they unloaded his contract. Sounds like a winner to me. The Mets traded for his contract so I find it hard to sympathize for their plight.

Who said, "If you swim with the fishes you're bound to get wet?" I think it might have been Mr. Limpet.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:05 pm

Erboes wrote:I wouldn't call the Angels side as a "suck". They won a championship which they propably wouldn't have won with Mo poisoning the clubhouse and they unloaded his contract. Sounds like a winner to me. The Mets traded for his contract so I find it hard to sympathize for their plight.

Who said, "If you swim with the fishes you're bound to get wet?" I think it might have been Mr. Limpet.

Erboes, i was simply talking about the players involved, not the rings. Appier did jack diddly for the Angels, and Mo Vaughn did jack diddly squat.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moose » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:58 pm

Slow down guys. All this is a "good faith" gesture on Mo's part so the insurance claim is legit. He'll show up, decide he cant play, and the Mets will be off the hook for 11.75 mil of the 15 million.

They've removed the man's locker from Shea.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Captain Crash » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:11 pm

DK wrote:If he plays i'm going to ... him up. I'll censor the 7 words george carlin wants us to myself so madison doesn't have to.

what a ... idiot. if he plays i swear to god someone is going to ... murder him. He just needs to ... retire and get some Jenny Craig. my ... god. Retire, you ... fat worthless for baseball piece of ...!

Sorry, i'm extraordinarily mad about this.

Oh My God. You need to calm down. Murder him? Wow. Wonder if Stensen's family would appreciate this post?
Captain Crash
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:24 pm

Captain Crash wrote:
DK wrote:If he plays i'm going to ... him up. I'll censor the 7 words george carlin wants us to myself so madison doesn't have to.

what a ... idiot. if he plays i swear to god someone is going to ... murder him. He just needs to ... retire and get some Jenny Craig. my ... god. Retire, you ... fat worthless for baseball piece of ...!

Sorry, i'm extraordinarily mad about this.

Oh My God. You need to calm down. Murder him? Wow. Wonder if Stensen's family would appreciate this post?

Crash,

This reply is fine. The one you posted last night was inappropriate and I removed it.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:13 am

moose wrote:Slow down guys. All this is a "good faith" gesture on Mo's part so the insurance claim is legit. He'll show up, decide he cant play, and the Mets will be off the hook for 11.75 mil of the 15 million.

That may be so but if there is any chance that he can play next year, the Mets might lay low and watch as the free agents go to other teams.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:51 am

Lofunzo wrote:
moose wrote:Slow down guys. All this is a "good faith" gesture on Mo's part so the insurance claim is legit. He'll show up, decide he cant play, and the Mets will be off the hook for 11.75 mil of the 15 million.

That may be so but if there is any chance that he can play next year, the Mets might lay low and watch as the free agents go to other teams.

That's right. The Mets will have to lay low just in case big Mo doesn't retire. They can't afford to be big players in the free agent market if they have to pay Mo's contract.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers