I need job advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I need job advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:18 pm

chadlincoln wrote:No, do not tell your current employer that you are seeking that job. Put in your resume and have ask your manager at the company you are at to put in a good word. If you truly are doing a good job, why wouldn't they hire you? Less of a learning curve. Don't read anything into it. They do have to publicize the position.

Well I like hearing that because I agree that I can't think of a good reason why they wouldn't hire me; in fact, there would be no learning curve and I would see the position as mutually beneficial to myself and the company.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:19 pm

Coppermine wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:No, do not tell your current employer that you are seeking that job. Put in your resume and have ask your manager at the company you are at to put in a good word. If you truly are doing a good job, why wouldn't they hire you? Less of a learning curve. Don't read anything into it. They do have to publicize the position.

Well I like hearing that because I agree that I can't think of a good reason why they wouldn't hire me; in fact, there would be no learning curve and I would see the position as mutually beneficial to myself and the company.
You can put me down as a reference if you give me Halladay.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:48 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

:-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:12 pm

Coppermine wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

:-D
Does that mean you're considering it or...?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:53 pm

I'll give you a good word here at Revver if you give me Holliday for two of my lousiest prospects. :-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:58 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I'll give you a good word here at Revver if you give me Holliday for two of my lousiest prospects. :-D

I don't think the west coast is ready for Cu. B-)
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:01 pm

So an update:

I applied for the job and told my supervisor. I didn't want to make it seem like I was trying to pull a fast one. He agreed it was a good opportunity for me.

But, I signed a non-compete contract and that's coming back to bite me. The company I applied to would have to pay a 20% buyout of my offered salary to my current company. My company could also deny the buyout outright. This has me nervous enough.

I also heard they interviewed someone for the position today. This might be something to worry about, or it might be routine.

Anyway, I'm pulling my hair out enough over it.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby emb0lus » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:43 pm

Coppermine wrote:So an update:

I applied for the job and told my supervisor. I didn't want to make it seem like I was trying to pull a fast one. He agreed it was a good opportunity for me.

But, I signed a non-compete contract and that's coming back to bite me. The company I applied to would have to pay a 20% buyout of my offered salary to my current company. My company could also deny the buyout outright. This has me nervous enough.

I also heard they interviewed someone for the position today. This might be something to worry about, or it might be routine.

Anyway, I'm pulling my hair out enough over it.

How old is your contract? Check to make sure the area where you live has not made any rulings that non-compete clauses are no longer enforceable - it happened recently where I live
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:06 pm

I'd just move away from pennsylvania.

Tell your boss you want a raise ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:10 pm

acsguitar wrote:I'd just move away from pennsylvania.

Tell your boss you want a raise ;-D

Yeah, that funny thing is that the company I work for is in Pennsylvania, but the client company I applied to, and where I work, is in Maryland.

The raise will be brought up if I don't get this job, but I'll mostly likely relocate back to Harrisburg
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk