2007 Spring Training News - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2007 Spring Training News

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Jamie Moyer: 22K in 26.3 IP :-b
Image
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1536
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: 6 feet under

Postby decoy562 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:47 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Jamie Moyer: 22K in 26.3 IP :-b


Wow, should I pick him up for my keeper league? :-D
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 565
Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby markj11 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:04 pm

decoy562 wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Jamie Moyer: 22K in 26.3 IP :-b


Wow, should I pick him up for my keeper league? :-D


He learned a new pitch, it actually stops in mid air.
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Crawford had a nice day 2-3 2 RBI 1 R 1 SB


This just in...Crawford is good. In other news, so is Albert Pujols. :*)


Yeah....no offense to deeray, cause he is really active in here, but we don't realy need updates on Pujols, Crawfor, Soriano, A-Rod...unless it's an injury. Those aren't the guys I come to this thread for.


Its likely he was pointing to Crawford not having a great spring but spring stats don't matter in his case. He gets a lil overly excited about Devil Ray players (and sad about former Devil Rays players that he wished they still had and reminds people constantly ie: Josh Hamilton). Just giving you a hard time deer. :-]


I don't know. Crawford has a bad groin which could limit him from playing/running. Probably why he posted the update.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby unreal2399 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:47 pm

With the exception of one day off since March 20, Wright has batted second in every game. Willie Randolph has not committed to an opening-day lineup, but he said that Wright had impressed him in the new spot and could hit there for the bulk of the season, the New York Times writes.

by-by RBI...hope its not true
unreal2399 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 68
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:13 pm

unreal2399 wrote:With the exception of one day off since March 20, Wright has batted second in every game. Willie Randolph has not committed to an opening-day lineup, but he said that Wright had impressed him in the new spot and could hit there for the bulk of the season, the New York Times writes.

by-by RBI...hope its not true


He could hit 6th if not 2nd with Alou there. Though, Alou will soon be hurt so no worries.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8504
(Past Year: 118)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:07 pm

Ever wondered what the EQA's of various players is this Spring? My neither... But BP uploaded them on their (free) UF blog, so i might as well post the link.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfil ... ng2007.txt

By the way the league matters a lot:
Code: Select all
              AVG   OBP   SLG   REQA   R/PA
Cactus       .307  .367  .483   .859   .162
Grapefruit   .267  .329  .394   .740   .123
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:02 pm

Yoda wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Crawford had a nice day 2-3 2 RBI 1 R 1 SB


This just in...Crawford is good. In other news, so is Albert Pujols. :*)


Yeah....no offense to deeray, cause he is really active in here, but we don't realy need updates on Pujols, Crawfor, Soriano, A-Rod...unless it's an injury. Those aren't the guys I come to this thread for.


Its likely he was pointing to Crawford not having a great spring but spring stats don't matter in his case. He gets a lil overly excited about Devil Ray players (and sad about former Devil Rays players that he wished they still had and reminds people constantly ie: Josh Hamilton). Just giving you a hard time deer. :-]


I don't know. Crawford has a bad groin which could limit him from playing/running. Probably why he posted the update.


Yea this was his second back, so i was updating that he has come back and is fine, he stole a base which bodes well for the groin injury ;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby rong » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:45 pm

crawford is overrated :-t
rong
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 296
Joined: 1 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:52 pm

Kenny Rogers out, Chad Durbin in

YOU GO DURBIN!
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GiantsFan14 and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact